Adios

I’m done. Somebody else can have my Top Rated Seller status. I am clearing out my orders and not reactivating my gig again. Why?

1. Because customer support deleted all of my orders that went very late…sort of. In a ‘fix’ for a small glitch I was having where late delivery negative feedback was left on my ‘to do’ page they decided to flush out my orders. This meant that I had close to 50 orders just disappear (there is a reason why they are very late). They still exist and can be completed but can’t be found on the ‘to do’ page or the ‘sales page’. I have had about 12 of them cancelled today alone as I simply can’t see them to complete them unless they are updated. Do customer support know about that problem and have admitted that it was them that caused it? Yes, yes they do. Do they want to remove the negative feedback for late delivery despite this error on their part? No, no they don’t. Why? Because they should not have gone late in the first place. They were late for a good reason and that reason was agreed with most of the customers BEFORE they placed their order, but that does not swing with them.

2. The star rating system. I have yet to be ‘lucky’ enough to be rated by stars, although I have had a couple of .5 ratings when the system messed up when people placed thumbs up ratings.

3. The customers here are getting a lot worse with their aggression and demands.

4. I am most likely going to lose the TRS anyway due to what I mentioned above (i.e. the cancellations)

5. It is just too tiring to do ALL of the time. You can’t switch on vacation mode if you use it for more than 28 days out of 365 which is annoying as it is a way in which to restrict orders. You then have to still answer messages during that time otherwise your response rate goes down. You can still take orders when in vacation mode too as that glitch still has not been fixed.

6. Oh, and the fact that it does not take 14 days plus 3 to withdraw. It is now 15 days plus 4 if the order is not marked as complete. So 19 days. Up 2 days from the average.

So yeah, bye. I am completing what I have outstanding and then that’s it.

Such a shame that so many regulars are fed up and leaving the site. I can’t believe your patronage and dedication means so little to the Fiverr Team. They seem more concerned with saving face than standing behind those who have helped make them the company they are.

Very sad.

Such a shame that so many regulars are fed up and leaving the site. I can’t believe your patronage and dedication means so little to the Fiverr Team. They seem more concerned with saving face than standing behind those who have helped make them the company they are.

Very sad.

I’m sorry to see you go, but I don’t blame and I’m not surprised. I’m afraid it’s the wave of the future.

I have no doubt you’ll land on your feet wherever you land.

Best wishes!

This is AOL all over again. (For those old enough to remember.)

Ryan is only one of the Top Sellers packing up their bags and leaving Fiverr.

In the very near future, we will read how some small little Fiverr-clone has now taken over the #1 spot, and Fiverr is plummeting.

In the not-so-far future… we will read about Fiverr’s bankruptcy.

Or the shell-of-what-it-once-was, being bought out by another company - FOR PENNIES - and all of Fiverr’s employees being fired!

Sad.

Fiverr cares more about the buyers than the sellers…but if there is no one here to sell anything, no one can buy.

I may not be top rated, but since I am a level 2, you can see I am no slouch. What I hate is how outrageous the buyers are getting with their demands, which I know is strictly not Fiverr’s fault. But then again when you set up services so cheap, people expect it fast AND for only $5.

A guy wanted me to proofread his 70,000 word novel. I said I promise 1500 words of proofreading per gig, so I did the math and it came to 46 gigs…$230. He says, “no thanks…too much!” Yeah, good luck finding ANY OTHER FREELANCE EDITOR to do it for that little!

Reply to @wcman1976:

wcman1976 said: What I hate is how outrageous the buyers are getting with their demands, which I know is strictly not Fiverr's fault.

I agree that sometimes, buyers are out of their minds with demands. But I think that Fiverr could definitely help alleviate this with better seller protection and by setting and enforcing clear and logical boundaries and rules for users. I believe that one reason so many buyers behave like terrible children is because it's allowed with zero consequences on Fiverr.

We should have an “Accept/Decline” feature. If a buyer doesn’t bother to contact us first and orders a gig with some outrageous demands, our only option is mutual cancellation. This hurts our cancellation ratio. People see 20% cancellation on my page, and they go elsewhere.

Now let’s say someone orders but, instead of automatically entering into a contract, it went to this “accept/decline” queue. We could choose to decline their request WITHOUT it affecting our ratio.