Advice And Tips For A Teen Starting On Fiverr

davinciprints

Hi everyone! I’m a 14-year-old looking to start out on Fiverr as a way to develop my skills further. I have a passion for graphic design and wanted to use Fiverr as a way to make money off of my talent and gain some experience. While I am excited to be starting out, I’m also a bit intimidated, as this is my first time doing something of this caliber. Does anyone have any tips or advice for starting out, especially as a teen? Is there anything I should make a note of in order to be successful?

Wow!

Congratulations on being so enterprising to do something like this on your own.

Simple tips:

Create Gigs of only things you can actually do.

Don’t expect to make a bundle right out of the gate because there are thousands of other people here offering the same services.

List reasonable prices.

Be patient.

Ask for advice and guidance (as you just did) anytime you need some boosting.

There will be others who will add to this list, and that is important.

Always be open to learning more.

Always improve your skills.

Don’t worry about bad reviews or bad Buyers as we all get that.

Good luck!

Wow!

Congratulations on being so enterprising to do something like this on your own.

Simple tips:

Create Gigs of only things you can actually do.

Don’t expect to make a bundle right out of the gate because there are thousands of other people here offering the same services.

List reasonable prices.

Be patient.

Ask for advice and guidance (as you just did) anytime you need some boosting.

There will be others who will add to this list, and that is important.

Always be open to learning more.

Always improve your skills.

Don’t worry about bad reviews or bad Buyers as we all get that.

Good luck!

That is absolutely amazing advice! Thank you so much and I’ll be sure to keep this information in mind. Have a good day!

I think it’s amazing that a young person has such initiative!! @looseink has already given you such stellar advice that I don’t think I can add anything personally 🙂, but here’s a few links to threads here on the forum anyway that you may find helpful. I’m also including the link for the Fiverr Help and Education Center, where you can read about everything from delivering orders to account setup. Knowledge is power 🔖!!

I wish you all the best, and happy freelancing!!!

I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…
Oh, I’m sorry you had to go through this too! I’ve been freelancing for a couple of years now, but setting boundaries is still a thing I have to master in some cases! A bit of an update on the situation: After communicating the issue, the buyer understood that there are limitations on what I can do within a revision, and after all, she was pretty happy with the end result without changing the image much. I am still not sure that the amount I received was worth all that stress though in the begi…
People keep repeating the same wrong advice - and newbies are deceived by it. Here’s my take on it - share if you feel so inclined:
favicon-32x32.png.e4a7d166e9b9c01a66a5b2f6f5ab782b.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.99cd919e66aede73cbe0d8e3bdd878e3.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

I think it’s amazing that a young person has such initiative!! @looseink has already given you such stellar advice that I don’t think I can add anything personally 🙂, but here’s a few links to threads here on the forum anyway that you may find helpful. I’m also including the link for the Fiverr Help and Education Center, where you can read about everything from delivering orders to account setup. Knowledge is power 🔖!!

I wish you all the best, and happy freelancing!!!

I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…
Oh, I’m sorry you had to go through this too! I’ve been freelancing for a couple of years now, but setting boundaries is still a thing I have to master in some cases! A bit of an update on the situation: After communicating the issue, the buyer understood that there are limitations on what I can do within a revision, and after all, she was pretty happy with the end result without changing the image much. I am still not sure that the amount I received was worth all that stress though in the begi…
People keep repeating the same wrong advice - and newbies are deceived by it. Here’s my take on it - share if you feel so inclined:
b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I appreciate all the useful information and I agree, knowledge is power :D. Have a good day!

Congratulations for embracing the entrepreneurial spirit. Too many teens seem to think that money comes from mom and dad, or from the ATM.

My advice is create a few gigs, and give yourself enough time so it doesn’t interfere with homework.

Try being original, and don’t create clone gigs. Nobody needs three logo gigs. Search “graphic designer” and see what your competitors are doing, see what you can do.

Congratulations for embracing the entrepreneurial spirit. Too many teens seem to think that money comes from mom and dad, or from the ATM.

My advice is create a few gigs, and give yourself enough time so it doesn’t interfere with homework.

Try being original, and don’t create clone gigs. Nobody needs three logo gigs. Search “graphic designer” and see what your competitors are doing, see what you can do.

Thank you so much! I’ll be sure to keep this in mind. Have a good day!

Archived