Advice on Online Marketing needed

pano99

Hello everybody!

What in your opinion is currently the best Online Marketing Method for getting quick results?
This is what i do: I have a small business going on, where i organize pub/bar crawls for Bachelor/ Hens Parties. I have a facebook page and a little one page website with a fill out form on it. So my goal would be to get as many people as quickly as possible on my site and fill out the form, so i can then get back to them.

Any advice is highly appreciated!
Cheers!

First off - People do not like just finding a page and handing over their contact details.
If I was to send 100 potential clients to you (using my magic wand), I would doubt you would get many if any to actually sign up.
For a business/service like yours, your potential clients need valid reasons to sign up, to choose you rather than someone else or doing it themselves. You might have great reasons to tell them but they need to see them FIRST, before they sign up, rather than afterwards. That would be the first step I see you needing to take because any marketing you do after that will be much more effective then.

It’s a common mistake I see people making, believing that people are out there just waiting for “you” to show up and take their money. They are not waiting, there are lots of options out there already so you need to prove yourself to them, no matter how good your (hidden) service is.

First off - People do not like just finding a page and handing over their contact details.

If I was to send 100 potential clients to you (using my magic wand), I would doubt you would get many if any to actually sign up.

For a business/service like yours, your potential clients need valid reasons to sign up, to choose you rather than someone else or doing it themselves. You might have great reasons to tell them but they need to see them FIRST, before they sign up, rather than afterwards. That would be the first step I see you needing to take because any marketing you do after that will be much more effective then.

It’s a common mistake I see people making, believing that people are out there just waiting for “you” to show up and take their money. They are not waiting, there are lots of options out there already so you need to prove yourself to them, no matter how good your (hidden) service is.

Thank you for your solid advice! I think you’re absolutely right!

So how would you go about it? I already have a pretty good description of what i do on my site written by a copywriter. I also had someone produce a very good vid. And now i could add some pictures. What do you think about that?

Have a look at the Youtube channel of Gary Vaynerchuck.

I don’t understand your love of this guy - I find him incredibly irritating! I can’t watch anything he does.

I also had someone produce a very good vid. And now i could add some pictures. What do you think about that?

That is all good stuff - make sure to show options, variations, specifics of what you offer. For that market, video will be very effective but unfortunately, getting a video of actual activities which look good to someone sober may be a little more difficult 🙂

In addition, write more, write about specific “nights” such as “Casual night in Vienna”, “Pub crawl in downtown Vienna”, “Stag weekend in the Alps” etc - these will catch the eye and imagination more than “we can organize your perfect stag weekend” type content.

Thank you for your solid advice! I think you’re absolutely right!

So how would you go about it? I already have a pretty good description of what i do on my site written by a copywriter. I also had someone produce a very good vid. And now i could add some pictures. What do you think about that?

I already have a pretty good description of what i do on my site written by a copywriter. I also had someone produce a very good vid. And now i could add some pictures.

I assume you’re offering your services locally, right? If you don’t have much competition then your site might have a shot coming up in Google for that specific location, otherwise I think you should focus your efforts on marketing off-site.

If your target audience is bachelors then partner up with a wedding planner. Personally I find that for local services referrals work the best and if you partner up with someone who’s involved in the wedding planning and whatnot then they can refer you for the parties.

Your website would be just like a portfolio of what you do and if they like it then they fill out the form for a consultation.

If you have hard time finding partners then go with the good old marketing in local papers, radio, pubs etc.

I already have a pretty good description of what i do on my site written by a copywriter. I also had someone produce a very good vid. And now i could add some pictures.

I assume you’re offering your services locally, right? If you don’t have much competition then your site might have a shot coming up in Google for that specific location, otherwise I think you should focus your efforts on marketing off-site.

If your target audience is bachelors then partner up with a wedding planner. Personally I find that for local services referrals work the best and if you partner up with someone who’s involved in the wedding planning and whatnot then they can refer you for the parties.

Your website would be just like a portfolio of what you do and if they like it then they fill out the form for a consultation.

If you have hard time finding partners then go with the good old marketing in local papers, radio, pubs etc.

My thinking was more that it was for bringing people to his city, rather than those who are already there. Most stags tend to take place away from where you are known (or that’s how the Irish do it anyway)

My thinking was more that it was for bringing people to his city, rather than those who are already there. Most stags tend to take place away from where you are known (or that’s how the Irish do it anyway)

Fair point. I didn’t think of that.

For some reason I instantly assumed that bachelors will hire someone local to them to do the party planning in whatever city, but indeed, they might hire someone who is local to the destination where the party takes place.

I don’t understand your love of this guy - I find him incredibly irritating! I can’t watch anything he does.

I also had someone produce a very good vid. And now i could add some pictures. What do you think about that?

That is all good stuff - make sure to show options, variations, specifics of what you offer. For that market, video will be very effective but unfortunately, getting a video of actual activities which look good to someone sober may be a little more difficult 🙂

In addition, write more, write about specific “nights” such as “Casual night in Vienna”, “Pub crawl in downtown Vienna”, “Stag weekend in the Alps” etc - these will catch the eye and imagination more than “we can organize your perfect stag weekend” type content.

Stag weekend in the Alps

On reflection, while this sounds like a good idea to me - it probably isn’t.

It has nothing to do with love. Everything what he says and writes makes much more sense than what anybody here on the forum says. He also has a track record.

You guys are good at this stuff…

I think we need to start a Dublin/Talinn stag party organizing company.

I think we need to start a Dublin/Talinn stag party organizing company.

Having enjoyed both places (really, Talinn is stunning) that’s almost a good enough reason to renew my vows 😉

It has nothing to do with love. Everything what he says and writes makes much more sense than what anybody here on the forum says. He also has a track record.

Everything what he says and writes makes much more sense than what anybody here on the forum says. He also has a track record.

Indeed - but if you see his video with Fiverr, you can quickly see that he isn’t an expert on everything and that his ideas and methods will not work (or possibly be cost effective) in every business. At what he does, I can’t argue with the fact he is very successful. In terms of advocating him for anyone who wants to make SM work for their business, I would disagree.

Everything what he says and writes makes much more sense than what anybody here on the forum says. He also has a track record.

Indeed - but if you see his video with Fiverr, you can quickly see that he isn’t an expert on everything and that his ideas and methods will not work (or possibly be cost effective) in every business. At what he does, I can’t argue with the fact he is very successful. In terms of advocating him for anyone who wants to make SM work for their business, I would disagree.

I didn’t like his video with Fiverr either.

But when it comes to social media I never saw anybody on the Fiverr forum who is using SM in an efficient way. I could fill this forum with screenshots of gut wrenching examples.

What I took out of his information, then applied and corrected, worked for me.

OP asked in an open question for suggestion. I gave one. This is it.

I shouldn’t participate in the forum anyway.

I didn’t like his video with Fiverr either.

But when it comes to social media I never saw anybody on the Fiverr forum who is using SM in an efficient way. I could fill this forum with screenshots of gut wrenching examples.

What I took out of his information, then applied and corrected, worked for me.

I shouldn’t participate in the forum anyway.

Nah, it’s good advice - I have just seen you suggest him to others and as you are like me and not someone who has tolerance for people being annoying, it was surprising.

Nah, it’s good advice - I have just seen you suggest him to others and as you are like me and not someone who has tolerance for people being annoying, it was surprising.

I don’t consider him annoying. I did a little back in the days when he and I were on Viddler instead on Youtube. He had his wine library back then and I didn’t necessarily like his way of talking. So I decided to just didn’t watch his videos. The subject couldn’t bother me anyway.

When he started Vayner Media I listened and read some of his books. The thing is that it all makes total sense and he has a very good sense for development and strategies.

I only consider delusional people annoying. People with no track record, who try to give others advice with the mere goal to make themselves feel better about themselves. Every forum and comment section on any other platform if full with this kind of personalities.

When I was banned from the forum for a couple of weeks, I decided to put the time I wasted here with the same discussions over and over again, into some extra work and streamlined the SM game. The results exceeded my expectations in every way and made me realize even more that I shouldn’t participate here. I should have a look during a coffee break, but not more than that. I really can recommend everybody doing so, just to realize that it is actually a mere procrastination tool.

That said, I wish everybody a lot of wisdom.

I don’t consider him annoying. I did a little back in the days when he and I were on Viddler instead on Youtube. He had his wine library back then and I didn’t necessarily like his way of talking. So I decided to just didn’t watch his videos. The subject couldn’t bother me anyway.

When he started Vayner Media I listened and read some of his books. The thing is that it all makes total sense and he has a very good sense for development and strategies.

I only consider delusional people annoying. People with no track record, who try to give others advice with the mere goal to make themselves feel better about themselves. Every forum and comment section on any other platform if full with this kind of personalities.

When I was banned from the forum for a couple of weeks, I decided to put the time I wasted here with the same discussions over and over again, into some extra work and streamlined the SM game. The results exceeded my expectations in every way and made me realize even more that I shouldn’t participate here. I should have a look during a coffee break, but not more than that. I really can recommend everybody doing so, just to realize that it is actually a mere procrastination tool.

That said, I wish everybody a lot of wisdom.

When he started Vayner Media I listened and read some of his books

Maybe I need to try his books instead, that might solve my difficulty with him.

Thankfully nobody like that has commented on this thread and the OP has got good advice (and a little humor).

When I was banned from the forum for a couple of weeks, I decided to put the time I wasted here with the same discussions over and over again, into some extra work and streamlined the SM game. The results exceeded my expectations in every way

Shhhh or everyone will want to be banned.

When he started Vayner Media I listened and read some of his books

Maybe I need to try his books instead, that might solve my difficulty with him.

Thankfully nobody like that has commented on this thread and the OP has got good advice (and a little humor).

When I was banned from the forum for a couple of weeks, I decided to put the time I wasted here with the same discussions over and over again, into some extra work and streamlined the SM game. The results exceeded my expectations in every way

I just realize that the sentence with ‘SM game’ can be interpreted in different ways. 😂

I was talking about the PG-13 version that comes up in ones mind.

I ban myself. In some cultures it’s called discipline 😎

Archived