Advices to new sellers

Hello to everyone,
I’m new to Fiverr.com and I’d like to know how can I find some byers.

About my work:

I’m excpert in writing blog posts, articles in greek or english. I can also improve or correct any kind of text. In addition I can translate greek text to english and the opposite.

I need to know how can I promote my gig and find byers. Any advice would be completely helpful.

Thank you for your time.

Figure out who your target customers are. Then, do some research to determine where those target customers are located (online and off). Once you know these two things, then go to wherever your target customers are located, and tell them about your services.

Your target customers are the ONLY people who will place orders from you. Reach out to them. Make sure they know you exist, and do what you can to provide solutions for their business needs.

*Never go to bed angry.

*Doing what you’ve always done will get you what you’ve always had.

*If a man cant breathe - he can’t fight.

*There’s never more trouble than there is coffee.

This may seem like a snarky reply. NO! These are my personal life advices.

A suggestion: I just checked out your profile. You should separate translation and writing into separate gigs. You might even want to do a different gig for each type of writing so you can better outline your expertise in each in the gig descriptions and offer different prices depending on the services, but that’s YMMV.
Also, what do you mean when you say that you write exhibitions? I’m interning at a museum at the moment, and I have yet to see any exhibitions being written 😛

*Never go to bed angry.

*Doing what you’ve always done will get you what you’ve always had.

*If a man cant breathe - he can’t fight.

*There’s never more trouble than there is coffee.

This may seem like a snarky reply. NO! These are my personal life advices.

hahahah thank you so much this might be hel me in life 😁

A suggestion: I just checked out your profile. You should separate translation and writing into separate gigs. You might even want to do a different gig for each type of writing so you can better outline your expertise in each in the gig descriptions and offer different prices depending on the services, but that’s YMMV.

Also, what do you mean when you say that you write exhibitions? I’m interning at a museum at the moment, and I have yet to see any exhibitions being written 😛

Thank you so much for your advice this is really helpful.

And thanks for your time 😀

• 2 weeks later...

Figure out who your target customers are. Then, do some research to determine where those target customers are located (online and off). Once you know these two things, then go to wherever your target customers are located, and tell them about your services.

Your target customers are the ONLY people who will place orders from you. Reach out to them. Make sure they know you exist, and do what you can to provide solutions for their business needs.

Can you please tell me how can i figure out my target customer as a totally new seller? i mean you know it’s world wide market place.Wish your best reply.

Thanks

Can you please tell me how can i figure out my target customer as a totally new seller? i mean you know it’s world wide market place.Wish your best reply.

Thanks

Your target customer would be someone who is in need of the service you offer. Take for instance your business card gig. Your target customer would be business owners, entrepreneurs, lawyers, or pretty much anyone who you can think of who would need a business card. Now to use Jonbaas’ advice, do some research on where you can find those people online and offline. Advertise to those specific groups about your fiverr gig. Facebook and other social media is a great place to find large groups of people who would need your services. Unfortunately, not many people would come to fiverr looking for business card design, so it’s up to you to bring them here by advertising your gig.

Another piece of advice, and I mean no disrespect, but the grammar and punctuation on your business card gig isn’t very good. I would suggest you have a native English speaker or someone who is more fluent to help you write your gig description. Having a well written and legible description will help a lot!

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Thanks

I cannot tell you who you customers are. If you’re serious about being a successful freelancer, you’re going to have to figure this out on your own.

Hi there,
For myself, I always look for seller who can write an eye catching script for my animation videos. So if you can write, I suggest to create a new gig saying “I will write a killer script for your video”. By doing that, other sellers, like me, will contact you.

Few tips regarding that:
What I usually look for:

• One day deliver
  • 400 words
  • $5
  • Online sellers

Hope that work with you
Cheers
Khaled

Archived