Fiverr Forum

Affiliate Marketing Basics for Beginners

Let’s start at the very beginning. What is affiliate marketing? Affiliate marketing is when you promote others’ products and services in order to make commissions. It sounds simple, and while it’s easy to get started, reaching affiliate marketing success takes learning and planning.

So, as with launching any business, building your affiliate presence can be overwhelming, especially for brand new affiliate marketers. To make your first experience more straightforward, here is a short go-to guide on affiliate marketing.

1. Choose your niche

Before you get started with affiliate marketing,you’ll need to choose your niche. A niche is a highly-specialized market, which should be carefully and strategically selected when you’re new. A niche is important because it helps you to build an audience that is interested in your content. Choosing too many focus areas can confuse potential followers; it should be very clear what your website, channel, or messaging is about.

Examples of possible target markets are endless and can range from physical products like cosmetics to digital products like e-books and software. To discover what your ideal market niche is, you can start by asking yourself these basic questions:

• What am I really passionate about?
  • Is this a niche in high demand? Is it profitable?
  • Are there affiliate programs available in this niche?

2. Start promoting yourself

Once you have focused on a niche, you can start promoting products and earning income. But first, you’ll need to build an engaged audience and a strong online presence. To begin, you’ll want to promote yourself and your content on various channels such as a website (i.e., a blog), a YouTube channel, live streams, social media channels, and more.

How you market your affiliate partnerships is up to you, but be sure that your audience is using the channels that you select. When setting up your online properties, think like your audience: where are they getting information? Where do they hang out online? What influences their purchase decisions?

Read the rest of the article in Fiverr Affiliates Blog by clicking here

53 Likes

Great article! :ok_hand:

3 Likes

WOW. Great Article! Thank you :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Some thing to know!
Thanks

3 Likes

Really appreciate that.

2 Likes

thats some detail article with great knowledge.

2 Likes

wow article .now we want advance article

2 Likes

Great one! Bookmarked :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome post is very usefull

3 Likes

Useful Article. i Want Next .

3 Likes

great. Thank you so much.

4 Likes

Excellent article :heart:

2 Likes

Great article! who plan to do affiliate marketing:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I am wondering, is there any drawback in affiliate marketing? :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you guys for all the nice replies! We’ll post more articles here soon.

5 Likes

great fiverr team… :fist_left::fist_left:

1 Like

Yes. There can be. First, different brands you run ads for might impose restrictions on where and how you are allowed to place affiliate marketing links. One brand I work with states clearly that a site must not be in “coming soon” mode, etc.

Affiliate ads and links can also be a nightmare when it comes to compliance with Internet privacy laws like GDPR.

• Your privacy policy needs to make it clear to users how to identify links/ads and what privacy implications there are in clicking these.
  • Some ads will set tracking cookies in user web browsers as soon as a person visits your website. This is a big privacy no. In this case, you have to find ways round this.
  • You have to consider the fact that by running affiliate ads, you may be considered a data controller in the eyes of the law (at least in the EU).
  • It is important to support brands you can trust and which you believe can legitimately offer value to your site visitors. i.e. I was recently approached by a brand which after doing some research, I found had a very shady reputation.

In short, do go all in on affiliate marketing. However, do also know that it is a bit more complicated in practice than just posting links and ads everywhere.

3 Likes

I came to the forum after a very long time and this was the first topic in my list. I’m glad that I came and found it. Very well written, answers almost all questions.
Thanks

1 Like

Really appreciate that.

Nice Article :fu: :fu::fu: