Affiliate system?

yankee77

I see this as a mess. First, there is the issue of someone needing a fiverr account. Second there is the issue of what is commissionable? Is it the first five? Does it include the gig extras?

We already have folk who feel fiverr should not get 20% of a $45 order… How much more bickering when it is 20% + xx% for an affiliate?

It just doesnt make sense at these levels. Share if you want. If not, okay… But affiliate tracking, etc is not smart here. ?. I say

When we speak of implementing the affiliate system, it is not the 20% you lose that you should worry about, but its the 80% you gain which you ‘otherwise wouldn’t have gained’, think about that. It all comes to semantics how the system is designed and who takes the hit for the ‘loss’ when paying affiliates, either the seller can forfeit 1$ from his 5$ or Fiverr can pay 1$ to the affiliate from their own pockets its still worth it.

You cant deny that affiliates will bring in more traffic and sales and lets say they get 1$ (again, lets not get into details, but I am assuming the system will pay 1$ per sale or 10$ per new buyer account referred) then they will actually be making more money per visitor than any other monetization method, so they will naturally push the fiverr aff links hard. Don’t think of the affiliate payout as a loss. Its just lead cost. When someone gets paid a fixed amount for referring a new buyer, its just a one time payout but that referred buyer will ultimately end up buying more than one gigs, which is when the entire marketplace will flourish. Lets say some affiliate referred my gigs to a new buyer and Fiverr paid him 10$ (one time) or maybe they deducted 1$ from my earnings to pay the referrer, then I deliver the gig for maybe 3$ instead of 4$ BUT the new buyer will also end up buying many other gigs he spots on Fiverr, maybe he will buy your gig, and he will pay 5$ and you will get a full 4$ for a sale which was referred through an affiliate to my gigs and eventually to your gigs without you having to bear the brunt of the affiliate commission but at the same time getting benefit of the new buyer on the block who would not have found out about your services had an affiliate not referred him to me/you.

That is the whole idea behind how affiliate systems work and why companies pay so high to affiliate and how it is the marketplace that always wins in the end even after deducting the affiliate payouts!

I don’t mind the 20% to Fiverr cos I know if Fiverr wasn’t here I wouldn’t get any of this extra money at all. And I’d gladly split the profit 50/50 with an affiliate because in my view they are doing the hardest part of all, bringing in the customer.

Further, consider that 5% of $5 is 25-cents. 5% of $1 is a nickle.

As far as Aweber offering to give Fiverr’s $1 away, that was very generous of you on their behalf 🙂 LOL…

Again, there are simpley put huge problems with an affiliate program for this.

Let me list a few more.

1. Fiverr sellers some and go, making links to specific gigs broken/problematic/disapointing as a first experience for a new user.

2. Could you imagine the “FORUM” now full of “affiliate links!” It’s already too full of self-promotion.

3. there will be a whole cottage industry of “lame Fiverr Store” scripts on the internet that will try to scrape and promote everything.

4. There’s the problem of WHAT is comissionsable. Is it the first sale, All sales, is it the first sale plus gig extras? With the wrong answers the program doesn’t encourage affiliates. With the other answers it again cuts into seller profits. Which means sellers need to rethink offers, etc.

5. IT would distract fiverr from better things right now such as “Rich Text” gig descriptions 🙂

Guest jeffmoses

Hi,

If this were to be considered it would need to take into account cancelled (refunded) orders. I currently stand at about 50% that are mutually cancelled mainly due to buyers not reading the gig description as discussed in another post. If people were being given a percentage of these sales people could go into negative balances…

All the best,

Jeff

Guest jeffmoses

Hi,

If this were to be considered it would need to take into account cancelled (refunded) orders. I currently stand at about 50% that are mutually cancelled mainly due to buyers not reading the gig description as discussed in another post. If people were being given a percentage of these sales people could go into negative balances…

All the best,

Jeff

Guest jeffmoses

Hi,

All the best,

Jeff

Guest jeffmoses

Hi,

All the best,

Jeff

Guest jeffmoses

Hi,

All the best,

Jeff

Guest jeffmoses

Hi,

In addition as with any other affiliate scheme people will just spam the links out, put up on neobux and alike for a day and hammer the bandwidth.

All the best,

Jeff

Guest jeffmoses

Hi,

In addition as with any other affiliate scheme people will just spam the links out, put up on neobux and alike for a day and hammer the bandwidth.

All the best,

Jeff

Guest jeffmoses

Hi,

All the best,

Jeff

Guest jeffmoses

Hi,

All the best,

Jeff

Guest jeffmoses

Hi,

All the best,

Jeff

Archived