Fiverr Community Forum

After best delivery and rated 5 star, fiverr cancelled the order

Hi,
one of the buyer ordered a gig and I delivered the best deliverables within deadline for which she accepted and rated 5 star against it. Few days later when the order’s revenue was in completed state, i received the message that gig has been cancelled and money sent back to buyer?
I simply can not understand the process/policy of fiverr and finding myself cheated by the buyer or fiverr. This is not the first time, there has been one more case in the past but i ignored that time but this time for this case when i reached to customer care they have only one answer “we understand your concern but once order is cancelled we cant help”.
I just have one question from fiverr’s concerned team that if we are selling our service on the correct platform or do you have any policy to safeguard seller’s money in any way. Don’t just keep the words on paper try to implement the policy so that we the seller can trust you and invest time in delivering service rather than struggling to get money back even after the best 5 star rated delivery.

2 Likes

Buyers have more power than seller. :sweat::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I agree with you. But fiverr platform should have some policies to safeguard atleast the hard earned money of seller for which he was rated by the same buyer. Moreover fiverr should communicate to seller and buyer and should try to understand the complete matter taking in confidence both party before taking any action. But here on this platform, fiverr is giving opportunities to buyer to get the work done and later he/she can also take refund for the same leaving seller in fray.
Damn frustrating platform for seller…

May Fiverr will work with this reason we sellers need more security… :slight_smile:

1 Like

How big was the order? Did you ask Fiverr Support to dispute the charge-back?

PayPal do the same thing, they only protect buyers…

1 Like

Hope so !! They should re-work completely on the policies to safeguard the seller’s right and their revenue.

It was of good amount… Yes i logged ticket with customer care but they seem to have only one answer - " Thank you for contacting us regarding this. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing you. I reviewed the order, and I see that there was a chargeback filed for the payment of this order outside of Fiverr. The funds are now being held by the payment vendor, and are not in our hands."

All right, then ask them to dispute the claim. Provide images of the completed order and the review to CS and show them that everything was delivered as discussed. Customer Support can counter these claims. Stay professional and also contact the buyer.

I told them complete activity alongwith the details and discussions. But they have raised their hand and said the its not in their hand.
Customer care response :
“Thank you for contacting us regarding this. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing you. I reviewed the order, and I see that there was a chargeback filed for the payment of this order outside of Fiverr. The funds are now being held by the payment vendor, and are not in our hands”