Fiverr Community Forum

After custom order completed what to do with original order?

Hi, I need some advice, I am not sure what to do?

A buyer ordered my basic gig, but after talking with him in the chat, I made a “custom offer” to him (I used the “create an offer” button in the chat), that he accepted, and I delivered, and the buyer accepted the delivery.

But the original order still remains in the active orders. What should I do? cancel it?

Thank you for your advice

7 Likes

Discuss it with your buyer that he placed 2 orders (One of them is your basic and the other one is your custom order). Deliver the same files in your active order and ask you buyer to accept that delivery. @teramangala

2 Likes

You supposed to add extras to running order not make second one.

You need to contact CS to cancel that order or cancel it yourself.

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply :pray: I am still a newbie

1 Like

Understood.

Setting up Fiverr gigs so they do not hurt you is a very important part of gig design.

From good description to mandatory requirements.

1 Like

Yes thanks for the advice.

Next time I will “add extras” and not “create an offer” if the order is already running.

And I think I will add “Please contact me before placing an order” in my Gig description

Make sure that the extras you have in your gig are covering everything you might be asked by your client.

For example me for video editing i have motion graphics, subtitles, audio correction… Etc. So it is easier to build up order. And I always leave one as special extra, for anything, well, special.

1 Like

Nice idea the “special extra”. I will add this one :+1:

Ok I understood i have to cancel the original order.
But I’m not sure what option to choose in the resolution center to cancel the original order. It makes me feel stressed because I’m afraid it will impact my account…

Any advice?

If you cancel, it WILL impact your delivered orders analytics and that % will go down.

You may be able to contact customer service and tell them your story and see if they can cancel it without affecting your Gig, but, don’t hold your breath.

GG

1 Like

Thanks for your advice
:pray:
I will do this

But this option in the resolution center won’t work in this case?

Nope. Because, in the end, you are still cancelling an active order and the “system” here does not have AI (Artificial Intelligence) to know that the client or you messed up or that it should not really count against you. “Machines have no conscience”. They just do what they were programmed to do - and in this case, if you cancel, they are programmed to force you to take a hit to your completed orders %.

GG

Thank you. “Machines have no conscience”? Even my cofee machine wich stop working after making me 10 cofees (I’m sure it knows I drink too much cofee :rofl:)

1 Like

It is a line from a Queensryche song - NM156. About machines making the decisions. Pretty cool album too.

GG

I Don’t know this band but I will listen. (I am more Led Zep Deep purple rocker!) :love_you_gesture:

Then you would like them. I like Led Zeppelin too - I am from that generation. LOL

GG

1 Like

Yes Rock’n’roll :sunglasses:

1 Like

UPDATE : For Your Information and to help other people who might have the same problem:

I contacted Customer Support and they canceled the original order for me.

I wrote: " I WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL AN ORIGINAL ORDER BECAUSE WE DID A CUSTOM ORDER IN PLACE.: A buyer ordered my basic gig (original order #XXXXXXXXX), but after talking with him in the chat, I made a “custom offer” to him (I used the “create an offer” button in the chat), which he accepted, and I delivered, and the buyer accepted the delivery. (Custom Order #YYYYYY)

But the original order #XXXXXXX still remains in the active orders.

So I would like to kindly ask you to cancel the original order #XXXXXXX without impacting my statistics.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Didier"

(I joined 2 screens copies of the 2 orders)

They replied: "Hello Didier,

Thank you for sharing this with me, I will gladly review the order for you and assist!

After checking this order for you, I have gone ahead and cancelled this order per your request. As for your cancellation rate, I am sure that you already know that this is an automated process that can include all cancellations in it, based on many factors. However, I have checked on this for you too, and from what I can see, it seems that this order is not impacting it.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any further assistance, I would be more than happy to do so.

Best regards, "

it “seems” to not impact my statistics :sweat_smile:

(Grammarly found and error in their reply :yum: “cancelled”) so I think it’s not an automated reply, or they have mistakes in their automated replies?

Thanks again everyone for your help @genuineguidance @marinapomorac @auto03376212813

Have a nice day our night :pray:

1 Like