Fiverr Community Forum

Age Requirement for Selling?

How old do I need to be to sell on Fiverr? I’m 15 and I want to sell. Can I use my ID when it asks for it or do I have use someone else’s that’s older than 18/21?

2 Likes

The TOS say the minimum age is 13. I’m not sure what ID you can use as that would vary on country, usually a passport would do, possibly contact support as they could give you ideas on what you could use.

3 Likes

Contact support as they could give you ideas on what you could use.

No I’m asking if my passport works because I’m 15. Or do I have to be 18 to use my passport.

You can use your passport

I’m sorry to break it to you, but you should look at other ways of making money.

Fiverr says you can be 13 to sell here. However, the only way to get paid is via PayPal or Payoneer, both of which state that you have to be 18 to use their services and make explicit mentions in their TOS that you may not have your parent or guardian create an account to get paid.

Fiverr needs to stop marketing itself to young people, as it knows that some might end up never being paid. However, I’m guessing the "earn here if you are 13+" looks good from its current marketing perspective.

Don’t take my word for it. Do your own research and ask yourself if you would be happy earning however many dollars, only to get told you can earn them but can’t get paid.

1 Like

I’m also 15 and I verified my ID successfully. I used my government ID though, not my passport. I’m sure that Fiverr will accept your passport even if you’re not 18.

I don’t think Fiverr says anything about using a PayPal account that isn’t yours. They could do what I did, and use the PayPal of a relative/friend that is over 18.

But PayPal does.

Send them an email saying “Hi, I’m just 15” and see what happens.,

I think you’re missing the point… You have to be 18 to have a PayPal account. But a 13 year old can have a Fiverr account and withdraw the funds to somebody else’s PayPal account, namely their parents. There’s not rule against that, at least that I know of.

1 Like

Ok cool thanks. I’m going to try to use my passport for my identification because I don’t have an ID