Agh. 5 orders my first week, then crickets! What did I do- or not do?

mikelandisvoice

I have read so many posts from new users waiting a long time to get their first order and asking for tips on how to improve their gigs. Seems waiting for that first order is the hardest for most. Advice says to improve your gig, and once the first orders come in, it will start rolling from there. In my situation, I got 5 voice over orders my first week- and at that point, my gig page was actually quite basic. The orders gave me confidence. But then, everything stopped and I haven’t received a single order in two weeks. Crickets. I am just wondering what might have changed. I’ve been adding more information and sample files to my gig- taking the advice that says improving it will get more attention and orders. But, I seem to be having the opposite experience. What was your experience like as a new seller? Could someone take a quick look and give me any tips? https://www.fiverr.com/share/YPoxQ
Thank you! This community has been very helpful for a newbie like me!

5 orders, wow!

You do have a very trustworthy appearance, and your profile looks sleek.

It all comes off as very professional, that’s my first impression.

I have 5 completed orders my first month here!

Thank you, I appreciate that! It has been an exercise in patience. I have just wondered if its possible to add too much to a gig, since all the orders I got came when my profile was fairly basic. Best of luck to you, too!

Thank you, I appreciate that! It has been an exercise in patience. I have just wondered if its possible to add too much to a gig, since all the orders I got came when my profile was fairly basic. Best of luck to you, too!

That’s exactly right, it’s a waiting game. But you seem to be doing everything right, just let that algorythm get ya onboard and suddenly you’re falcon heavy 2.0, haha 😄

Good luck mate

Hi

Congratulations Man!!! 5 orders in a week,WOW

I just checked your gig, it is pretty awesome. I don’t think you should change much of it or put anything more because it might get overloaded.
The only thing I will suggest you is to get your title and description checked for seo. Ask some seo guy or if you can yourself do it, just check if title and description and tags you have are seo friendly or not. Getting 5 orders is a great achievement and seo friendly gig might push it to its best.
And to conclude I’ll say, WAIT!! It works like a cycle in my gigs. Sometimes I get a lot of orders in a single day and other times I don’t get even a single order in whole day.

Thanks
Rohit Solanki

Hi

Congratulations Man!!! 5 orders in a week,WOW

I just checked your gig, it is pretty awesome. I don’t think you should change much of it or put anything more because it might get overloaded.

The only thing I will suggest you is to get your title and description checked for seo. Ask some seo guy or if you can yourself do it, just check if title and description and tags you have are seo friendly or not. Getting 5 orders is a great achievement and seo friendly gig might push it to its best.

And to conclude I’ll say, WAIT!! It works like a cycle in my gigs. Sometimes I get a lot of orders in a single day and other times I don’t get even a single order in whole day.

Thanks

Rohit Solanki

Thanks for your reply and advice! I sure appreciate you taking a look and offering encouraging words and helpful insight. I am learning a lot and realize there is more to go. It sounds like an ongoing learning experience for everyone. Best continued luck to you!

Congratulations on the five orders! Big deal, yes! Took me 3 months to get one. Honestly, I put it in my back pocket and lowered my expectations as if it was just another thing that would not ban out. Takes time and patience. Do nothing is my answer. Go about your life and business and see what comes. Enjoy the experience, ups and downs.

I was unlucky with my first account too. Learned some SEO tricks, wrote an awesome gig description,

did wait (as I did not expect much)

And got my first buyers

Things started rolling in

Seeing your analytics bar go up is an awesome feeling

Thanks for the encouraging words. I am continuing to learn SEO details. I’m glad to hear you have some orders rolling in, and I am looking forward to the same!

I was unlucky with my first account too. Learned some SEO tricks, wrote an awesome gig description,

And got my first buyers

Good. SEO is money 👍

congratulation brother. you got the first order very early in Fiverr.

I think you are doing very god job and you will get more order in future.

@nickansari, I recommend that you change your profile image. You are not Fiverr, nor an official representative of Fiverr, therefore, it is likely inappropriate to be using Fiverr’s logo as your profile image. Use an image of yourself. Fiverr has been known to restrict the accounts of users who misrepresent themselves.

congratulation brother. you got the first order very early in Fiverr.

I think you are doing very god job and you will get more order in future.

Thanks for the encouragement! I’m learning all I can about this platform and marketing…all while understanding it’s also an exercise in patience and hard work. Best of luck to you!

@nickansari, I recommend that you change your profile image. You are not Fiverr, nor an official representative of Fiverr, therefore, it is likely inappropriate to be using Fiverr’s logo as your profile image. Use an image of yourself. Fiverr has been known to restrict the accounts of users who misrepresent themselves.

thank you very much for your advise. I will change my profile photo.

once again thanks to you.

Thanks for your reply and advice! I sure appreciate you taking a look and offering encouraging words and helpful insight. I am learning a lot and realize there is more to go. It sounds like an ongoing learning experience for everyone. Best continued luck to you!

That’s right! Enjoy the journey!

And got my first buyers

Yes it is! I am experienced that now, but what next? what to do with 3K of impressions and not orders? LOL

Archived