Ahhhh I'm freakin out

mae_creativity

The last 7 hours have been so weird (since I woke up). I don’t have my normal mental acuity. I feel like my brain is foggy, or like I’m dreaming. What is this??

• I don’t take drugs or drink.
  • I did and do get enough sleep.
  • This is the first time I’m experiencing this.
  • I’m in my mid thirties.
  • My brain has been foggy for 7 hours.

The only explanation I can think of is that I’ve been reading One Hundred Years of Solitude and I am incapable of not feeling as though I’m in the world of the story with certain books and movies.
I started the day reading a few chapters, and the world of this book is magical realism. BUT I’ve been reading this book for the past few days, so don’t know why only today my brain is foggy.

I just started googling ‘brain fog’ and don’t want to continue because I keep seeing words like ‘dementia’ and ‘alzheimer.’ This is why I’m posting here, because I don’t want to get sucked into what google is offering. Has anyone experienced this? Thoughts? Suggestions?

I’m so freaked out–what if this is not a one time thing? I need my brain in order to work! Ahhhhh freakin out. Please share your thoughts so that I can stop freakin out …

Could be blood sugar. Try a good meal with a balance of protein, healthy carbs and non-starchy vegetables. If you usually have caffeine (which could be in chocolate, coffee, tea, cola) you might want to have whatever is the norm for you. I have days where I’m just unfocused and it’s the way that day is. It passes. It’s probably not a big deal but if it doesn’t pass, just get your MD to give you a once-over.

I agree with fonthaunt. Some carbs might help, a piece of fruit for example.

Or a cup of coffee works for me when I feel that way. Also if you have been over exercising that can do it since the brain is depleted of glucose sometimes after that.

Also load up on water. Force down some extra glasses of it. I’ve experienced this myself recently due to having a cold.

The last 7 hours have been so weird (since I woke up). I don’t have my normal mental acuity. I feel like my brain is foggy, or like I’m dreaming. What is this??

The only explanation I can think of is that I’ve been reading One Hundred Years of Solitude and I am incapable of not feeling as though I’m in the world of the story with certain books and movies.

I started the day reading a few chapters, and the world of this book is magical realism. BUT I’ve been reading this book for the past few days, so don’t know why only today my brain is foggy.

I just started googling ‘brain fog’ and don’t want to continue because I keep seeing words like ‘dementia’ and ‘alzheimer.’ This is why I’m posting here, because I don’t want to get sucked into what google is offering. Has anyone experienced this? Thoughts? Suggestions?

I’m so freaked out–what if this is not a one time thing? I need my brain in order to work! Ahhhhh freakin out. Please share your thoughts so that I can stop freakin out …

I’m so freaked out–what if this is not a one time thing?

Then you’ll need to see a doctor.

If it’s not what the others have suggested, it might be thyroid gland problems, but that’s definitely something that a doctor should check out. Still, first things first: food, caffeine, water, and fresh air.

Thanks to all of you for your responses. I appreciate it a lot.

Right now I’m drinking water with tablets dissolving tablets for rehydration --occurred to me that maybe im dehydrated.

what fonthaunt said is interesting because I just realized that in the past 24 hours all I’ve eaten was 2 bites of oatmeal.

Ok so I’ll eat something now + wait for the water and rehydration thing to kick in and see if there is any change.

Thanks again to everyone here–it’s almost 1 am in Israel (I’m sleeping days and up nights) and its comforting to be able to talk to you all in the middle of the night when I’m alone. ❤️

Thanks to all of you for your responses. I appreciate it a lot.

Right now I’m drinking water with tablets dissolving tablets for rehydration --occurred to me that maybe im dehydrated.

what fonthaunt said is interesting because I just realized that in the past 24 hours all I’ve eaten was 2 bites of oatmeal.

Ok so I’ll eat something now + wait for the water and rehydration thing to kick in and see if there is any change.

Thanks again to everyone here–it’s almost 1 am in Israel (I’m sleeping days and up nights) and its comforting to be able to talk to you all in the middle of the night when I’m alone. ❤️

Well that could definitely explain it, not eating, and also being dehydrated.

I get dehydrated without realizing it so I start each day with a huge glass of water.

This is quite normal, especially in winters, at least that’s how it is with me. Regarding “Googling” your symptoms, I would suggest you read “The Man Who Was A Hospital” by Jerome K. Jerome. It’s a short read, taught as a chapter in my country, but I am sure most of the people would have read it somewhere. And, dementia? pffft… “Don’t stuff your head with things you don’t understand.”

On 1/22/2018 at 5:49 PM, misscrystal said:

I’m sure it is temporary. It will pass. You might be coming down with something. Get in a nap if you can.

Ask a doctor about getting a sleep study if it continues. Sleep apnea can

cause this and is very common.

I hope you are right. It makes sense that it’s temporary because this is the first time this has ever happened besides once when I had the flu.

On 1/22/2018 at 5:53 PM, misscrystal said:

My norm is eating once a day, so that part doesn’t explain it. And I don’t think I’m dehydrated–there’s no reason I should be. But drank the rehydration water as a potential cure . . .

My norm is eating once a day, so that part doesn’t explain it. And I don’t think I’m dehydrated–there’s no reason I should be. But drank the rehydration water as a potential cure . . .

You can’t tell when you are dehydrated. I realized that I get easily dehydrated when I had a kidney stone. I never want that to happen again so I load up on water throughout the day. It does help. Don’t wait to feel thirsty, by then you will be dehydrated.

If it is making you worry so much, the best advise would be a quick visit to your doctor and get rid of all worries once for all. People gave good advises but you might have to try all of it and yet still be worried about it… Go to your doctor and perhaps do full check up to eliminate all concerns. I agree with you last time I consulted with google on health matters, it gave me more things to worry about and added other concerns that I never thought off.

If it is making you worry so much, the best advise would be a quick visit to your doctor and get rid of all worries once for all. People gave good advises but you might have to try all of it and yet still be worried about it… Go to your doctor and perhaps do full check up to eliminate all concerns. I agree with you last time I consulted with google on health matters, it gave me more things to worry about and added other concerns that I never thought off.

If it is making you worry so much, the best advise would be a quick visit to your doctor and get rid of all worries once for al

The problem with that is that it’s almost 2 am. That’s why I asked here. 🙂

I’m in my mid thirties

Welcome to middle age. When you hit 40 you start forgetting where you parked your car.

I’m in my mid thirties

Welcome to middle age. When you hit 40 you start forgetting where you parked your car.

I have a couple of nightmare horror stories about that when in my 20’s.

Both times I thought my car was stolen. The second time the cop insisted it was not stolen, as he gets that all the time in that particular shopping center garage, and after half an hour of him driving me around, we found it.

This is quite normal, especially in winters, at least that’s how it is with me. Regarding “Googling” your symptoms, I would suggest you read “The Man Who Was A Hospital” by Jerome K. Jerome. It’s a short read, taught as a chapter in my country, but I am sure most of the people would have read it somewhere. And, dementia? pffft… “Don’t stuff your head with things you don’t understand.”

The Man Who Was A Hospital”

Have you ever read “The man who mistook his wife for a hat”?

amazon.com

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat: And Other Clinical Tales: Oliver Sacks, Jonathan Davis: 0889290302588: Amazon.com: Books

In his most extraordinary audiobook, “one of the great clinical writers of the twentieth century” (The New York Times) recounts the case histories of patients lost in the bizarre, apparently inescapab ...

I once got cancer when searching for headache remedies, so first off, don’t Google it. Second, visit your doctor as the others said, I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about. 🙂

I once got cancer when searching for headache remedies

Google searching gave you cancer?

amazon.com

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat: And Other Clinical Tales: Oliver Sacks, Jonathan Davis: 0889290302588: Amazon.com: Books

In his most extraordinary audiobook, “one of the great clinical writers of the twentieth century” (The New York Times) recounts the case histories of patients lost in the bizarre, apparently inescapab ...

Nah, I didn’t even know about it. Will surely give it a read.

amazon.com

My grandfather took me out in a stroller as a baby and got lost well into the night with me.

If it is making you worry so much, the best advise would be a quick visit to your doctor and get rid of all worries once for al

The problem with that is that it’s almost 2 am. That’s why I asked here. 🙂

Yep, just do the basics and hang in there. Life is weird, subtle changes can make us feel very bizarre but they just happen now and then. Even if you usually eat only once a day, a couple of bites of oatmeal would’t be enough caloric energy to sustain any adult without some effects. I bet you it is just food/hydration.

Anxiety can also cause a foggy-head feeling, so the more that you stress over it, the worse it could get. (It’s self-resolving even then - your adrenaline receptors will eventually go into overdrive and you’ll just get tired.) If you don’t feel better by the time the doc offices open, just get a checkup. 🙂

Archived