Fiverr Forum

Algorithm improvement ASAP

I think Fiverr should somehow improve the algorithm as soon as possible .No serious freelancer can rely on it to built a career and that’s not good for Fiverr itself. Sellers with bad reviews often rank higher that others that have five stars, sellers often land to the last page without a reason, even when sorting by “best selling” the first results are not correct (how a seller with one review with a only 5$ gig can be more “best selling” than another one with 200 reviews"?

Fiverr would be much much better and profitable if the serious freelancers could rely on it.The fact that it gives new sellers the opportunity to be seen is great, but you can’t be constantly be ranking garbage gigs higher than the good ones. It’s bad for everyone, and especially for your own credibility.

5 Likes

Yes, you can.

They program the algorithm around what maximizes profits and, if you do your research, you’ll see that there are plenty of successful Sellers who don’t exploit themselves to get sales. What you’re describing does not mean increased profits at all. Fiverr is a business. They know how to maximize profits and it’s all based on data.

I get Sales regularly and I don’t undercharge at all and I’m hardly the minority.

4 Likes

I dont know if I can post links here, but this is what I found from an article that was written on May 2019

The company, which is headquartered in Tel Aviv, is losing money — its net losses grew from $19.3 million in 2017 to $36.1 million in 2018. At the same time, revenue grew by nearly 45%, from $52.1 million to $75.5 million.

So I guess you are wrong.

1 Like

That doesn’t at all mean I’m wrong and I think they know more about what drives their profits than you do.

There are many, many, many reasons a company loses profits and even if it did, that doesn’t mean they should take your advice. You are a Fiverr Seller and don’t even have access to the kind of data or understanding you would need to make an informed decision on this. You’re a Seller, not an account executive.

4 Likes