Fiverr Community Forum

All gigs suspended

Last week I had a bad experience with a buyer, long story short, he demanded the premium version and a gig extra after ordering only the basic $5 version, to avoid the trouble I sent him a cancellation request after I delivered the basic version, this way I would also avoid a bad review… he declined the cancellation request, so in the end after a lot of back and forth, I had to make the premium version and the extra he wanted, all for free, only to get him to agree to cancel the gig. Now after that order I never had any other order which is unusual as I normelly have a few orders each day, so I checked and in my gig’s page i now get a message saying “We’re working on getting your Gigs’ impressions, clicks, and views back online. No worries - your Gigs are active, and all the metrics are calculated as usual.”.At some point the buyer had told me he reported me to fiverr, so I wonder if this is why my account is kind of suspended? it would be quite a coincidence this happened after that bad experience so I am sure that must be the reason, I just contacted customer support about it but now I worry that I will have my account suspended for several more days, which is a big damage for me considering I have a few orders a day. I have thousands of happy customers, it’s crazy that all it takes is one insane buyer to ruin it all

2 Likes

Your account is active and you have 19 gigs that can be purchased.

Check this out: Gig analytics “N/A”

2 Likes