Fiverr Forum

All Good Nevermind

NM. How do I get read of a thread I don’t want?

This is what you agreed to as a Fiverr user:

Ownership and limitations: Unless clearly stated otherwise on the seller’s Gig page/description, when the work is delivered, and subject to payment**, the buyer is granted all intellectual property rights,** including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the seller, and the seller waives any and all moral rights therein. The delivered work shall be considered work-for-hire under the U.S. Copyright Act. In the event the delivered work does not meet the requirements of work-for-hire or when US Copyright Act does not apply, the seller expressly agrees to assign to buyer the copyright in the delivered work. All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Gig and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason. For removal of doubt, in custom created work (such as art work, design work, report generation etc.), the delivered work shall be the exclusive property of buyer, and seller assigns all rights,

If you don’t want to give buyers complete rights, you either need to say so up front (and some buyers will not work with you) or you need to go by the Fiverr Terms of Service. To do otherwise would be illegal in most circumstances and at least is grounds for a ban of your Fiverr account.

Aaha, I see. Yeah, I figured there was some Fiverr rule that I agreed to along those lines. Which I’m fine with and agree with. Just wanted to see if there was any other thoughts about it.

Thanks!