All my gigs went from first page to last page and it’s been more than 2 months now

leonarddav30

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing you do will guarantee that your gigs are seen on the first page of the search results. Fiverr does not even guarantee that all gigs will appear in the results, much less where sellers want them to appear. Instead of worrying about where your gig shows up in the search results, work on researching your target customers, and finding unique and effective ways to reach out to them.

Is it not Fiverr’s responsibility to provide sales for you. YOU need to do that on your own, by being a great seller, who your targeted customers want to hire.

Nothing you do will guarantee that your gigs are seen on the first page of the search results. Fiverr does not even guarantee that all gigs will appear in the results, much less where sellers want them to appear. Instead of worrying about where your gig shows up in the search results, work on researching your target customers, and finding unique and effective ways to reach out to them.

Is it not Fiverr’s responsibility to provide sales for you. YOU need to do that on your own, by being a great seller, who your targeted customers want to hire.

My gigs were on first page for several months, and suddenly they all went to the last page. I’m kind of concerned about how the whole thing happened.

I have TRS friends that have experienced this too. Fiverr does not guarantee anyone a position on the first search page for any amount of time. Besides with all of the sellers, there are on Fiverr, not every gig would fit there. Personally, I never check my gigs’ positions. I have more important things about which to think.

I am a TRS and Pro seller and I am currently facing a significant slump in sales.

It happens to everyone from time to time.

Usually there is a reason behind changes in placement, so tweaking your gigs is all you can do.

for me it happens usually in Nov-Dec-Jan then it picks up from Feb, but 3 months I have like slim to none orders. since 3 years I have been experiencing this.

I’ve changed my title, description and tags several times.

Please note that if you are not enrolled in the old success program, each time you edit your gigs the search engine excludes them until they are reviewed.

So changing too often will have the opposite effect.

Also what you are changing matter A LOT.

Why change the title? It used to work, so that’s not the problem.

Changing the title means the title-tags-description SEO breaks, which means you lose spots.

You don’t need to change things blindly.

for me it happens usually in Nov-Dec-Jan then it picks up from Feb, but 3 months I have like slim to none orders. since 3 years I have been experiencing this.

I took a quick look at your gigs and that sounds about right. Looking at the gigs you offer the time around and during the holiday season is definitely going to be slower for you than the rest of the year. Maybe make some Christmas/Halloween themed gigs?

Hi, could you elaborate on that a bit more? I’m experiencing the same thing. My gig has been ranking well for my keywords for some time now and I have been getting plenty of orders. I currently have 3 in the queue and within a day I have been tossed to the bottom of the pile. I have done the research and my listing is about as solid as it gets. I have a video, my description is great, my Q&A is great and my gig listing converts buyers. AND my buyers are satisfied giving 5 star ratings. Yet Im on the last page now. Does Fiverr hate making money? Because I see other listings in my particular niche and they are not converting buyers. What do you mean by reach out to target buyers? How can this be done when I’ve done everything right and get placed on the 3rd page anyway

I took a quick look at your gigs and that sounds about right. Looking at the gigs you offer the time around and during the holiday season is definitely going to be slower for you than the rest of the year. Maybe make some Christmas/Halloween themed gigs?

Okay! Kindly suggest the niche of the gig.

Hi, could you elaborate on that a bit more? I’m experiencing the same thing. My gig has been ranking well for my keywords for some time now and I have been getting plenty of orders. I currently have 3 in the queue and within a day I have been tossed to the bottom of the pile. I have done the research and my listing is about as solid as it gets. I have a video, my description is great, my Q&A is great and my gig listing converts buyers. AND my buyers are satisfied giving 5 star ratings. Yet Im on the last page now. Does Fiverr hate making money? Because I see other listings in my particular niche and they are not converting buyers. What do you mean by reach out to target buyers? How can this be done when I’ve done everything right and get placed on the 3rd page anyway

Does Fiverr hate making money?

No, the love making money – as any business does. But they do not guarantee that sellers will have their gigs featured where they want in the search results. The algorithm treats all gigs the same. Those that perform well usually rise to the top of the listings.

What do you mean by reach out to target buyers? How can this be done when I’ve done everything right and get placed on the 3rd page anyway

I mean, marketing. Promotion. Who are your target customers? Go to wherever they are located, show them how you can solve their needs, and then convince them to hire you.

I would guess that you’ve only been trying to make your gigs look good here on Fiverr, and that you haven’t done anything to market or promote anywhere else (wherever your target customers are located). Fiverr does not exist to ensure that your gigs always have orders. You, as the freelance business owner, are still responsible for your own sales, orders, and success.

Please note that if you are not enrolled in the old success program, each time you edit your gigs the search engine excludes them until they are reviewed.

So changing too often will have the opposite effect.

Also what you are changing matter A LOT.

Why change the title? It used to work, so that’s not the problem.

Changing the title means the title-tags-description SEO breaks, which means you lose spots.

You don’t need to change things blindly.

Then how i change when gig rank is down?

Thanks a lot for the suggestions ! I am improving my art style so I will work on vacation based gigs. Thanks for the idea !!!😊

Thanks a lot for the suggestions ! I am improving my art style so I will work on vacation based gigs. Thanks for the idea !!!😊

I am improving my art style so I will work on vacation based gigs. Thanks for the idea !!!😊

Lol, what are vacation based gigs!? Kindly state examples.

I think @wanderingartist means holiday based gigs. Such as gigs for Christmas and such.

Does Fiverr hate making money?

No, the love making money – as any business does. But they do not guarantee that sellers will have their gigs featured where they want in the search results. The algorithm treats all gigs the same. Those that perform well usually rise to the top of the listings.

What do you mean by reach out to target buyers? How can this be done when I’ve done everything right and get placed on the 3rd page anyway

I mean, marketing. Promotion. Who are your target customers? Go to wherever they are located, show them how you can solve their needs, and then convince them to hire you.

I would guess that you’ve only been trying to make your gigs look good here on Fiverr, and that you haven’t done anything to market or promote anywhere else (wherever your target customers are located). Fiverr does not exist to ensure that your gigs always have orders. You, as the freelance business owner, are still responsible for your own sales, orders, and success.

Ah, I understand. Promote the gig in other places. I haven’t done that because I charge much more for web design outside of Fiverr. I just signed up because I thought it would be a nice little side gig having some work coming in from another source even if it doesn’t pay all that well. Not sure why all of a sudden they tossed me to the last page after ranking well for months now. But it is what it is. It’s a shame they won’t tell a seller why this happens. Sounds pretty shady. I was warned by others about this platform and now I am starting to see why

Ah, I understand. Promote the gig in other places. I haven’t done that because I charge much more for web design outside of Fiverr. I just signed up because I thought it would be a nice little side gig having some work coming in from another source even if it doesn’t pay all that well. Not sure why all of a sudden they tossed me to the last page after ranking well for months now. But it is what it is. It’s a shame they won’t tell a seller why this happens. Sounds pretty shady. I was warned by others about this platform and now I am starting to see why

Not sure why all of a sudden they tossed me to the last page after ranking well for months now.

Fiverr has so many sellers that it is oversaturated in many areas. So to be fair, they move gig positions around. Even TRSs and Pro sellers have experienced loss in their placement as @frank_d has said above.

Sounds pretty shady.

Is it shady to give everyone a chance to have a better position in the listings?

Archived