Fiverr Community Forum

Allow gig URL changes

Every time I answer a gig request with a URL, my original URLs offer more than my current gigs as I edited some down, so it is miss leading and basically false advertising to the person. I fear some may click on the link hoping to buy my gig because it says I’ll write 600 words in 24 hours, when now I write 400 in 3 days, and they will click off thinking I was trying to scam them. I hope most out there already know this happens, but it would be nice to be able to change the URL to my current gig offer. Any suggestions??

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I like it too :slight_smile: but it will make database too slow Also they will have to backup every single day

You could always just promote your shortened fiverr url instead.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: that’s what i’ve been doing for my new gigs =] but unfortunately the ones with the great feedback are stuck like that =[

Reply to @musiclover: how do you do this??

Reply to @believeinu: Go to the gig you want to promote, click the “tweet” button as if you want to tweet about your gig. If you’re signed into Twitter, you’ll get a new window with your tweet. Your url will be shorter within that post. Just copy it. For instance, one of your gigs’ url is http://fiverr.com/believeinu/create-a-professional-logo-for-your-company-or-business but your shortened url for it is http://5rr1.co/s/3siddm

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: I hope this works out for you! If it is worth it maybe I will start a brand new gig as well. Please feel free to report back later if it does and I will be looking out for it!

Reply to @musiclover: thank you!

Reply to @believeinu: You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Reply to @vedmak: Twitter is weird. Sometimes the tweets go through and sometimes they say the link is spammy. Its weird.

I agree with OBG…

I too have the same disgusting problem…

Reply to @vedmak: LOL

You could always just promote your shortened fiverr url instead.

Reply to @renu5988: I already told him. :slight_smile: