Allow gig URL changes

Every time I answer a gig request with a URL, my original URLs offer more than my current gigs as I edited some down, so it is miss leading and basically false advertising to the person. I fear some may click on the link hoping to buy my gig because it says I’ll write 600 words in 24 hours, when now I write 400 in 3 days, and they will click off thinking I was trying to scam them. I hope most out there already know this happens, but it would be nice to be able to change the URL to my current gig offer. Any suggestions??

Reply to @believeinu: Go to the gig you want to promote, click the “tweet” button as if you want to tweet about your gig. If you’re signed into Twitter, you’ll get a new window with your tweet. Your url will be shorter within that post. Just copy it. For instance, one of your gigs’ url is http://fiverr.com/believeinu/create-a-professional-logo-for-your-company-or-business but your shortened url for it is http://5rr1.co/s/3siddm

• 7 months later...

Reply to @babybear613: Therein lies the problem. If you update your gig title because you have a better rating and can demand more money for the same or less work, you’re screwed if the buyer clicks and expects exactly what the url states. As a potential buyer, I would avoid anything that remotely resembled a bait-and-switch.

There’s nothing we can do though. Some people say that buyers don’t read. I’m hoping they don’t then! 😛

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I think fiverr should give a way to change URL at least one time 🙂

I agree, its high time Fiverr dev team works on enhancements and usability for freelancers too.

Changing urls should not be very difficult.

The only caveat is that search engine indexing will be affected for a few days. But that will be for better, because many gig urls are already misleading with respect to title and description. Fiverr will have better ranking gigs on Google etc., if the gig urls match with title and description.

Archived