Fiverr Community Forum

Allowed to use music composed by others in gig video?

Hi guys.

I’m in the process of setting up a couple of video editing / post production gigs and preparing to cut some of my work together as the required gig videos.

Now what does confuse me a bit is the line “Videos should not contain copyrighted audio or a watermark that is not your own.”.

Does this include stock music that I have bought (license for commercial use included) and own?

I could also ask a friend of mine, who is a composer, to write and produce music for my gigs, but I would still not own the copyright to that music, because under German law copyright is non-transferable, I can only aquire a license to use.

Maybe I’m overthinking that requirement, but anyway thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers,
Alex

2 Likes

TOS Clause User Conduct and Protection

Section Gigs

Sellers warrant that any content included in their Gigs shall be original work conceived by the Sellers and shall not infringe any third party rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks or service marks. In the event that certain music or stock-footage media are incorporated within the Gigs, Sellers represent and warrant that they hold a valid license to use such music and/or footage and to include them in the Gigs.

I believe this is correct answer for your question.

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer. Your quote refers to the actual gigs, not to the videos used to promote the gig, but I think it can probably be assumed that similar rules apply to the promo videos, so I’ll try it.

The quote is also valid to Gig Photos and Gig Video as stated in “Build Your Gig Gallery” section of Gig creation.

2 Likes