Allowing buyer to add gig extras after delivery = bad idea

corinaladue

I recently found out that buyers can add gig extras after you’ve delivered the original order. This does not work for me. I delivered an order yesterday that the buyer liked so much they decided then to add a gig extra onto. For me, that means that I have to basically start all over with this order. Unfortunately the clock was not reset so I have even less time to deliver and even more complicated order. My suggestion is for buyers not to be allowed to add gig extras after they purchase the original gig. Once a buyer has checked out that should be it. If they decide they want those extras the only option should be to re-order the gig. The fact that a buyer can do this has screwed up my whole week!

It’s not about the money, it’s about the time. Because this buyer added extras AFTER I delivered I basically had to start over and only had a couple days to do it in. The timer does not reset when buyers do this. For me that means late orders and having to rearrange my other orders, not to mention the fact that I do have a real job as well. I just don’t think it’s good idea to do this to sellers. Fiverr should change this policy or at least reset the timer when a buyer adds extras after the delivery. Is that really so unreasonable?

• 3 months later...
Guest rswilke

I have a guy that keeps doing this to me! Place a small order and I deliver. Half a day later OR MORE he adds on an extra and I have zero time to do it since the clock doesn’t reset. Stuck with something tonight that I have less than 2 hours to complete! Clock should absolutely reset or they shouldn’t be allowed to add on after delivery.

Reply to @corinaladue: That is just part of the nature of Fiverr. If you have a real job then don’t worry so much about your Fiverr jobs.

Does this happen alot to you? I would think if it is every once in awhile then it’s not that big of a deal, but if it happens all the time, then maybe you can add a note in your delivery report or something that says if you need to order anything else please contact me first.

I can understand why you might not like it, but many sellers love this and teh ability to make more money.

Also, as long as your regular gig delivery times are being met for everyone else, then it should not be that big of a deal to finish all your other projects too. If this is happening a lot and it is becoming a problem, and since you have another real job, another solution is to extend the delivery days on your gig to begin with. that way it gives you more breathing room to schedule things as you need to.

Reply to @rswilke: If the same buyer keeps doing this to you, the next time a new order comes in, cancel it. End of story.

YOu do not have to continue working in this way. Each time you accept the order and continue working on it, you are basically telling the buyer this kind of work flow is ok with you and they will keep buying…it’s ok to cancel gigs.

Let’s look at a “case study” or why add-ons after original purchase might be good - sometimes.

When I buy “art” from fiverr sellers, there is often an option to buy commercial use or copyright for an additional fee. But I don’t want to buy that for $10 ~ $50 before I even see the result and know that I want to use it that way.

Isn’t there some way to let happy buyers add on those things AFTER they know that the seller has delivered a result that is worth the upgrade?

(Sure, if the original purchase is only $5, thene re-ordering with upgrades is no big deal, but sometimes I pay $10 or $20 up front, then only want to add the extras - not re-pay for the initial purchase…)

kjblynx said: Reply to @artemist: I think the tipping system could solve this minor detail. Unfortunately your case is very limited and doesn't cover what most gigs have as extras.

Agreed. Tipping would get the cash to the seller, but I'd rather have a way to print out the fact that commercial rights and/or copyright was transferred beyond just a footnote in a Tip gig comment thread. Rather have it as part of a trackable transaction. Maybe someday.

Archived