Almost every second buyer just manipulating us

rehmat_laal

Hi guys,

I’m on fiverr for last couple of months, and I’m bout to become a level 1 seller. Through out my entire period I have seen the buyers who are manipulating sellers specially new ones. They place their orders, eschew to provide the sample, and when a seller spents an hours to come up with a samples, the buyer simply say I don’t like it. Please cancel the order if you do not want a negative review. Really? Is this why you are here, to get your work done here in free and threat the seller for a negative review? Stop it, unless it’s too late.

Today, these new sellers gonna bear you, but tomorrow when they become a level 2 or top rated sellers, believe me they will do the same to you buyers. Because the way you buyers treat the new sellers is not good at all.

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rehmat_laal!

The buyers dont just do that with new sellers. I am a second level seller and some buyers wanted to cancel my Portuguese translation because I translated them to Portuguese from Portugal instead of Portuguese from Brazil. I am from Portugal, so if they dont say nothing I do my translations to Portuguese from Portugal.

I solved my problem with an automatic message asking to tell me if they wanted Portuguese from Portugal or from Brazil and that if they didn`t say nothing I would translate their texts to Portuguese from Portugal.

But some of my buyers still try to cancel an order saying that wasn`t what they wanted. In that case I try to sell them extras and if they cancel the gig I report that situation to Customer Service.

In your case, if you offer free revisions I think you should ask them what they dont like about the sample. If they say something not specific ask them to be more specific. If they dont answer your messages and aren`t specific report that situation to Customer Suport.

Hi, I just gotten a seller to design the logo. I answered the questions that were asked; and sent pictures to further refine what I’m looking for. When I received the logo, it was simple which is what I wanted. However, it wasn’t in the colors that I have requested; and I don’t understand what the symbols mean. In short, it is totally different from the samples provided.
So I told him straightaway that it is disappointing and asked for an elaboration. Turns out he stated that he explaint the logo but I couldn’t understand because of the spelling mistakes in the first message! And he proceeded to reject my project. I was promised unlimited revisions, but there wasn’t and he mentioned that the pictures I sent to him were terrible.

So who is manipulating, the buyer or seller. Such a bad experience

Yesterday, I edited one picture 5 times for a buyer, and still he said cancel the order cancel the order. I have over a half decade of experience in photoshop, what do you think, what result I would have given him? He said provide me the image with white background, I did. Then he said, provide it to me with a transparent background, I did. And finally he said, I do not like it, cancel the order if you do not want a negative review.

Apart from that, a couple of days ago, I designed 6 logos for $5 and sent to the buyer in order to choose one from, guess what he replied? He said, I like none of these, cancel the order. I asked him several times to provide me a sample, he never did. So my talent, my time, my energy is wasted. I had hardly received three messages from the buyer.

You want me to tell you more stories? Now what can you expect of me when I become a level two seller? Ofcourse I will remember what these buyers have done to me.

You may wish to limit the number of revisions you offer. Some buyers seem to take “unlimited revisions” as an invitation for abuse (and, if you claim that you provide unlimited revisions, you have to keep revising until the buyer accepts, or cancel the order).

@umerkhayam128 If you offer, say, 3 revisions, and they keep hitting the “Request Modification” button after you’ve delivered the promised modifications, you can politely remind them that, as stated on the gig page, you only offer 3 revisions, and that Fiverr’s Terms of Service forbid buyers to repeatedly ask for revisions in order to obtain more services than they purchased (in this case, more revisions than you offer).

Or, you can offer them to buy additional revisions, and politely explain them that they’re demanding additional work, and that they should pay for it.

Guest dleaddesign

Some buyers take advantage of new sellers with bad review threat in order to get their service done without paying. It’s unfair!

Possible solutions (after stating in your gig that you don’t offer revisions):

1. Redeliver the same thing, and politely remind them that you don’t offer modifications (that’s assuming that you delivered as promised, without any mistakes; if you made mistakes, do correct them). It might lead to a negative review, to which you can respond with an explanation of what happened (that the buyer asked for something that you don’t offer, and got angry when he didn’t get it). You can also make screenshots of the entire exchange, and contact Customer Support for help; if it’s clear that you delivered as promised and that the buyer is being unreasonable/dishonest, they might help you.

2. Offer them (on the order page) to purchase additional revisions. For $20 or whatever you think would be worth your time and effort. If they refuse, politely explain that you did your work as promised, and that revisions cost extra. Then proceed to 1.

Or, just keep doing what you’re doing now, until you have enough great reviews to feel confident when refusing to do countless unreasonable revisions.

What a marvellous way to attract prospects by reminding them that 50% of them are probably arseholes!

It’s more like 20%. Still, as sure as dung attracts flies, you’ve attracted an interesting selection of people–I am just one of this bunch of merry men.

My tip: if it’s a bad date, dump 'em.

Archived