Almost two weeks on fiverr, just 2 orders. Any advice from Pros?

hamzaakram873

Hey fiverrly people!

I just joined fiverr two weeks ago and I only got two orders for my article writing gig. And I earned $24 after fiverr cut of its commissions. I cant tell you how happy I was because this was my first time earning online. Heck, it was my first time making money ever in my life.

I know fiverr has many opportunities for us to make thousands of bucks but I just wamted you guys to check that am I on the right track. Any advice will be welcome…

My profile: htttp://www.fiverr.com/users/hamzaakram873

Please help this poor old newbie :’(

Excellent. You have a repeat customer. They are gold. Offering services that customer’s need over and over again will fuel your growth. How many articles can you write in 1 week? 10,20,40? If you have customers that need articles for their websites, you may become their staff writer. If they need a new article ever week, that is a steady customer. You only need that many customers and you are full to capacity. Even with supposably dropping sales on fiverr, if you are really good, you only need so many orders. Good luck.

Two suggestions…one is, your profile doesn’t have much information in it. In your gig you say you have lots of experience, so maybe in your profile you should write what kind of education/training/professional experience you have.

The other thing is in your gig, sometimes you say “I” and sometimes you say “We”…so which is it? Am I hiring you, or are you passing the work of to someone else.

Reply to @joeyjive: Yes. I think the “If I build a gig page, they will come” mentality is almost over. There is always room in the market place for people with high skills who are willing to put some time and effort in their offerings. That is why people hire you. They can’t do something or they don’t have time, or both.

As I TRS, I spend part of my time every week working on Fiverr projects. Does that make me part-time? I will work here on Fiverr as often and as long as I have orders. No hard feelings. I have been self-employed for 20 years, with income coming from multiple places all the time. I hope Fiverr continues. It’s been a good experience.

I think the site is over saturated with providers and the buyer trends are changing.

It is easy to leave a gig offer the same and ignore your competition’s offer changes and not identify the buying pattern changes.

Offer items that are natural repeat orders. The customer is easier to keep than to acquire. Don’t base your sales model on needing a stream of new (one time order) customers and dependent on SEO and other traffic that is probably out of your control.

I have gained a couple of repeat customers every month. I can only handle a couple of dozen customers in my queue.

I think buyers is going to other sites like Envato, they can get templtes there and download contents to after effects etc. The markedplace is not limited for buyers or artists, sellers (authors), you can for example uppload a bigger video in MB. The price selling fature are more simple then here. Buyers see what cost and click!

Archived