Am I being scammed? - Help a newbie

Guest noodlesos

Guest noodlesos

Hi. I’m brand new here on the platform & am trying to avoid scams, as I have received many shady offers to use my identity on other sites. This time that is not the case but I still have a few questions. I offer gigs for voiceover services & last night I received a fair offer. They informed me, they would be providing me much more work in the future if I was able to meet their deadlines and everything went smoothly because they enjoyed my demos. They brought up how they would be uploading the audio to the ACX platform, which is apparently Amazon’s freelance marketplace for voice actors and agents. They claimed they are the owner of a company with multiple publishers and accounts there & aren’t satisfied with the quality of their narrators on that platform. Does this sound legit to anyone, or is this tidbit of info indicative of some sort of ongoing scam that I should be aware of?

New sellers get approached by many scammers.

The offer you are speaking of does sound like it could be a scam to me. You are a newbie, and if they have such extensive resources, why are they approaching you when they could be hiring someone with more experience such as a Pro or TRS.

I do not say that to be mean, but to point out that they are trying to make them sound big to awe you and more than likely steal your work from you.

I just looked at your profile and you do not appear to have any gigs. How did you get contacted?

I’m not sure about the other details of their request, but be careful about promises of future work. Often, people say that to convince you to lower your price or do something you normally might not offer. These cases rarely result in any further orders being placed, and if they do, they continue to ask for discounts.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Sorry I should have clarified this is a dummy account that I’m using just for forum stuff separate from my main profile.

Are you aware that having more than one account is a violation of Fiverr’s Terms of Service, and that all of your accounts could get permanently banned?

1. Drop the dummy account. You risk losing access to Fiverr for that.

2. In regards to your enquiry. They state they are unhappy with the “quality” of the narrators on the ASX platform. These are professional book narrators who charge the market rate. What they are actually unhappy with is the price that they must pay for professional work.

There are many here that use the voiceover people for ASX work as many people will do it and provide a good service for the buyer. It saves the buyer hundreds of $ and they still get a comparable product.

The world of Fiverr is a huge discount basement. If someone can get something cheap they often return to the well. Just remember that you’re doing them a favour by charging so little.

Guest noodlesos
  1. Drop the dummy account. You risk losing access to Fiverr for that.

2. In regards to your enquiry. They state they are unhappy with the “quality” of the narrators on the ASX platform. These are professional book narrators who charge the market rate. What they are actually unhappy with is the price that they must pay for professional work.

There are many here that use the voiceover people for ASX work as many people will do it and provide a good service for the buyer. It saves the buyer hundreds of $ and they still get a comparable product.

The world of Fiverr is a huge discount basement. If someone can get something cheap they often return to the well. Just remember that you’re doing them a favour by charging so little.

Shoot, no I did not realize that. Gonna go ahead and delete this profile & if we could get this thread taken down that’d be good. I was just trying to keep things separate for my own organizational & branding purposes…

Archived