Am I Correct in This Assumption?

cyaxrex

A buyer has just placed an order for $15 and asked me to cancel immediately. Instead, they want to order a different $55 gig from me. I have obviously declined to cancel and asked the buyer to fill in all their order details. When they do, I will send a custom offer to cover the full gig price.

However… Am I correct in assuming that when I send this offer, the buyer will pay a second $2 processing fee if they accept? This is a new to Fiverr buyer who I sense will think I am ripping them off by what they will see as an extra $2 fee which they didn’t expect. In this case, I would lower my custom offer price by $2.

Obviously, I don’t want to lose $2. In this case, am I correct or will sending a custom offer just count as part of the original order?

Yes, all orders and additional transactions have the fees. Cancelling an order loses them the fee.

Would you not do a custom extra to save yourself a cancellation? There would still be a few on it of course.

Would you not do a custom extra to save yourself a cancellation?

That’s what I’m doing but I will have to shave $2 off the price to save the buyer the extra fee.

I don’t have to but I’ve quoted them $40 and if they end up paying $42, my spidey sense says they won’t be very happy.,.

Edit: It also doesn’t help that I can’t explain the fee situation in the message inbox due to being flagged for all payment related terms used by me or the buyer. - What a mess…

Would you not do a custom extra to save yourself a cancellation?

That’s what I’m doing but I will have to shave $2 off the price to save the buyer the extra fee.

I don’t have to but I’ve quoted them $40 and if they end up paying $42, my spidey sense says they won’t be very happy.,.

Edit: It also doesn’t help that I can’t explain the fee situation in the message inbox due to being flagged for all payment related terms used by me or the buyer. - What a mess…

Spidey senses are invaluable and should be listened to. I’ve done the same on occasion

Spidey senses are invaluable and should be listened to. I’ve done the same on occasion

Indeed but really I’m now paying my customers transaction fee. Another day, another minus $2.

Archived