Am I Doing Something Wrong in My Messages?

eliiclaire

Like most new sellers on Fiverr, I have been responding to buyer requests. For a few of them, I have been considered for the position/future projects. However, there seems to be a pattern where I answer their questions, and then they don’t respond. Am I saying something wrong, so they decided to move on to a better person? Or am I just overthinking and need to be patient?
I attached the screenshots here.

126604027_Untitleddesign(3).thumb.jpg.d7dc9f4a2ea40c521cbcbdc9e9a6ae25.jpg
Untitled design (3)1728×2304 330 KB

Thank you for your time!

BR are like the armpit of the world. Sadly many “buyers” aren’t really that at all. I would guess that at least 50% of BR are resellers (people who buy jobs and then sell them off to the lowest - must gullible- bidder).

Of the rest, most are incredibly clueless and assume that they will get a Ferrari, or Lambo or Ferrari, maybe a Porsche, no a Ferrari in Red, perhaps yellow, no red, definitely blue, how about a pink Maserati… for $15. They really have no idea how to have a useful conversation.

A big problem is also that just about all BR get a massive number of responses, many very formulaic, which makes it much harder for the buyer to wade through to find a good fit. Especially if they are not experienced in business or any similar discipline - making themselves fodder for resellers and similar garbage merchants. I land BR better from ex-lawyers who understand the process than randoms.

Bottom line, most people will ghost you. There is no “perfect” solution to get interest, just be you and hope for a good match. Show what makes you unique (hopefully not infinite revisions or 999% satisfaction) and wait for a good match.

Oh and better to quote sane prices not stoop to the stupid as this separates the wheat from the chaff.

🙂

Archived