Fiverr Forum

Am I On The Right Planet?

This is a general rant. Maybe I’m just stupid. Could be because I graduated from college with a degree in the wrong subject and went into the wrong profession, then switched to a weird profession. However, stupid or not, confused or not, has anyone had the problem of a buyer not giving any meaningful information? It goes something like “I want a newsletter (no number of pages specified, no type such as web delivery or print-friendly). Go to website Fragglesrock and make 4 articles, with 5 pictures.” Well, my gig is to create a newsletter using the buyer’s content. Writing my own content is my research gig. So I tell the buyer and get the same instructions as above (this is not an actual buyer instruction but is similar to what I have gotten in the past). I politely ask what the topics of the articles should be and tell the buyer that each 500 word article is a separate research gig or two 250 word articles is one research gig. I still get the same instructions as the first time. Am I dealing with a parrot? Am I on the right planet? Has anyone had this experience? How did you handle it? The area of the wall where I keep banging my head is becoming dented so please reply.

I write resumes and cover letters for the most part… and I get requests in my inbox asking what I need to write a cover letter. I will then send back a detailed list of what I need … and then get the SAME question… or an order with NO INFO and just a comment that says “Here’s my order” which of course, starts the clock running.

I think there’s just some buyers where the error is between the keyboard and the chair.

Right. Well, you can come and buy my psychic reading gig and maybe I can see what YOUR buyer wants. I can’t seem to see what my buyer wants and the cat is currently playing with the crystal ball so no help there. Anyway, it feels a little better to know that my out of mind experience is being shared by others.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You’ll need to build several more walls before long.

I write resumes and cover letters for the most part… and I get requests in my inbox asking what I need to write a cover letter. I will then send back a detailed list of what I need … and then get the SAME question… or an order with NO INFO and just a comment that says “Here’s my order” which of course, starts the clock running.

I think there’s just some buyers where the error is between the keyboard and the chair.

Right. Well, you can come and buy my psychic reading gig and maybe I can see what YOUR buyer wants. I can’t seem to see what my buyer wants and the cat is currently playing with the crystal ball so no help there. Anyway, it feels a little better to know that my out of mind experience is being shared by others.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You’ll need to build several more walls before long.