Fiverr Forum

Am i the only one who gets crazy buyers that leave you hangin.. and threaten your rating?

I’ve noticed lately I keep getting crazy buyers who order…and then, wait a couple days to give information. I also get buyers NOW, who buy the $5 fiverr gig, and then give and order what entails the gig extras… and then, don’t respond when you remind them that writing the script- green screen- music - graphics are NOT part of the $5 buck gig they ordered. Yes, i know we have support… but there’s got to be a way to protect us…“the Sellers” from these loons. We get penalized and its not our fault. I have a 100% rating and live in constant fear…my gig will be demoted …only cuz of ignorant people NOT reading the page. (FYI: each of my gigs says READ BEFORE ORDERING)… im dealing with someone now, who says they wanted the premium gig…hit the 5 dollar button…but, Wants me to cancel the gig… and fix it… I’m like HUH? NO…just add the premium GIG… its easy. For three days…no response. i just hate that we can be destroyed by the ignorant. Its kinda like facebook…where you can have your profile deleted by someone…without having a chance to defend yourself.

Hey sellers, you’ve got to get prepared for the worse always. Never keep your eyes on high expectations always. Fiverr is a great platform but it is not a perfect system and remember, the ratio of importance between Buyers and Seller on any genuine online Marketplaces will always be 60:40 or even 70:30!

A typical example of what is going on here on fiverr is also happening on aliexpress.com where buyers will receive what a seller sends out to them in there respective countries but will still claim they do not receive the goods and open a dispute to get back there money illegally.

However, knowledge and thinking ability will safe guard everyone of us.

Just abide by what Jeffmoses says and more, you could actually take a full snapshot of your conversation with a dubious buyer and add it as proof to report such buyer to the Lords of fiverr.

Remember no Buyer can buy anything on fiverr withouth setting up an account.

Hey sellers, you’ve got to get prepared for the worse always. Never keep your eyes on high expectations always. Fiverr is a great platform but it is not a perfect system and remember, the ratio of importance between Buyers and Seller on any genuine online Marketplaces will always be 60:40 or even 70:30!

A typical example of what is going on here on fiverr is also happening on aliexpress.com where buyers will receive what a seller sends out to them in there respective countries but will still claim they do not receive the goods and open a dispute to get back there money illegally.

Just abide by what Jeffmoses says and more, you could actually take a full snapshot of your conversation with a dubious buyer and add it as proof to report such buyer to the Lords of fiverr.

All the time, even when prompting them to complete the instructions. Just ask support to cancel if they are ignoring you.

Seems insane to buy a gig, then not complete the instructions, then ignore the seller, but there are many out there…

I am having one right now… argh

I feel ya on this one! I had a video gig this week. Ended up having to do $20 worth of services for $5 for a buyer who obviously doesn’t read description or doesn’t care, or just wants to get more services than he paid for. I wrote about it in the buyers tips area to let buyers know that they need to read the full description and order gig extras according to the service they want: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/3616/read-full-description-before-you-buy#Item_3

I have this happen too…its all par for the course. Another thing that I see happening lately is buyers that come back after a month or two and they want something done and pretty much threaten to give you bad feedback if you don’t. In other words they never gave feedback when the order was completed, so they leave that as a bargaining chip for the future (because if they don’t give feedback that option stay open forever unfortunately). I had one the other day and resolved it with no problem. I have one today but this guy doesn’t want to play fair. I told him that I am willing to give him what he wants but he has to give me a positive feedback first. He said he would do it after. Nope, I’m not that stupid. Sword of Damocles I told him.

this is a bad experience indeed. a pal passed through it today. fiverr should design a system to protect sellers too.

Esther, I have a buyer who just ordered one of my gigs and didn’t tell me all the details. Now, I have to wait for her to get back to me. I feel your pain.

Reply to @sandra4service: Agreed - instead of cancellation as a one-stop choice (that can lower a seller’s rating), there should be an option to point out the error of the buyer in question.

If a buyer can’t read your description, asks way more than what you’re offering or has virtually no information to utilize for your service, then why should a seller get penalized?