Fiverr Forum

Americans stand united in aftermath of Orlando terrorist attack

Terrorists need to understand Americans are not going to be afraid or change our ways of being due to terrorist attacks. We allow all religions here, all nationalities, all orientations, and will always do so. Killing innocent people serves no purpose. We are united. And the civilized world stands with us.

I thought this was more of an I’m so lonely KILL THE GAYS kind of attack.

I’m sorry it happened though, especially so soon after the singer got killed just a couple of days before. Neither was religiously motivated as far as I could tell. It’s not going so much better over in Europe with the soccer. Absolutely pointless.

EDIT noone has died in the soccer-related violence yet as far as I know, but still.

The killer called the police and pledged allegiance to ■■■■ during the attack, and had been interviewed 3 times in the last two years by the FBI. He also hated gays according to his father. He had been reported repeatedly by coworkers for spouting terrorist doctrine.

India is with you!

Thank you! I think the entire world is with us except for ■■■■ religious radicals.
What they hope to ultimately accomplish by killing so many innocent people is a mystery. That killer had all the benefits of living in this country. If he didn’t like it here he could have gone to some miserable country that holds public beheadings.

Really sad.

It breaks my heart to see people being so vicious to one another. My heart goes out to the families of all the people killed. :frowning:

My heart goes out to the victims and to their families. Some people need to understand that just because they don´t understand others that doesn´t mean they should decide to hate those others, let alone do violence to them. It is a scene that is sad to see when people fail to understand other people and decide to hate and hurt those other people. I don´t fully understand gay people, but I never hurt a fly. No one should hurt gay people just because they are gay.

So this morning I woke up to news that we’ve witnessed the worst mass shooting in modern US history, and without doing more exhaustive research, I believe it ranks as the 3rd worst act of domestic terrorism after 9/11 and the Oklahoma City Bombing. Omar Mateen met his death at the hands of law enforcement, but it feels empty, and if it were up to me I’d grant him a long life of solitary confinement. Some would say it’s not fair that he gets to live when so many others are dead, but I say that decades of solitary confinement are a fate worse than death, especially so since it denies Omar Mateen his preferred martyrdom. In this moment, I struggle to purge my emotions and find the clarity I seek. What does the Tarot bring me?

Only an angel of death can usher in the new age.

The cards tell me that not only is this the new “normal” - and a scenario we can expect to see repeated again - but the climate which nurtured this noxious weed is of our own creation. It’s here to stay, and so long as the majority cries out for external war to fix internal problems, no solution will be found.

Instead, what’s needed is an internal war. I’m not calling for a violent civil war - history as my guide, but violent internal conflict only solidifies command and control at the top and promotes narrow-minded, tribalist narratives. But I am saying that the message I find in these cards requires a steady commitment to self-destruction. As a nation, we are where we are because we’ve consistently done what we’ve done. If we want something different, death of the self is necessary. You who read this may interpret that as you see fit.

I watch the American presidential race with little hope. Mr. Trump is appealing to righteous anger and nativism, and under his watch external war is certain. Mrs. Clinton is appealing to calmer minds, but she’s establishment through-and-through, and if her husband’s presidency is an indicator, external war is certain also with her.

I hope future history will prove me wrong, but I have little hope that either candidate will sufficiently kill the national paradigm to prevent past history from repeating itself. Neither Mr. Trump nor Mrs. Clinton will upset the establishment order, and short of social and political change that would stupefy today’s minds, I dare not hope for what may never come.

Your neighbours to the north stand with you, also.
Sympathy and prayers for the victims, their family and friends, and their wider community… :frowning:

It’s not a black thing, it’s not a white thing. It doesn’t matter if you’re Republican or Democrat, left or right, red or blue. The only color that matters is green.