An inspiring story for Thanksgiving

natalieab

@tensecondsongs sent us a story that touched all of us here at Fiverr.

With Thanksgiving on the horizon, we’d love to know - What are you most thankful for?

Let us know in the comments below for the chance to win a $50 gift certificates to Whole Foods.

(If you live out of the US or not near a Whole foods, you still qualify - we’ll match the prize with Fiverr credit)

4 lucky winners will be announced tomorrow.

Guest onlinedukan

Here i want to share my story i joined fiverr because i have problem with my backbone have cervical problem so i am unable to do hard work in this situation i am very thankful to fiver that i make money here for my bills but not enough in this situation my father and mother give me too much support the last month i did not get orders and unfortunately i get sick like doctor said i have H pylori infection with peptic ulcer of stomach i was very worried about it doctor put me on medication which was very expensive and i was unable to buy and give me to make 5 to 6 test which was very expensive in this bad situation my parents give me so help the give me money for my treatment and also i have two kids they support all thing for home unless they are also hand to mouth anyways doctor put me on cleritek 500 Mg and amoceline 100 mg and nuxium 40 mg these all tablet are very expensive and not free here in my country so they give me money i am still on this course and my parents are helping me alot during this i have cancel one order because i was sick now i am feeling very well and hope i get some good amount of orders and will able to help my family again and and than again i start make good amount of money which is ok for me my family kids and parents the porpose to write is parents are always thanksgiving to their children but children have to struggle for good to help poor parents i hope i will be ok with all bad situation and start making money again on fiver than everything will be file i am just fighting to maintain 100% rating from more than 1 year hope i can maintain this in feature and get a good opportunity from beloved fiverr

i am thankful of fiver with give me hope that i can Do something if i am sick or cant do job outside

best of luck all

warm regards

I join fiverr because i lost my Job and i have learning lots of Internet marketing techniques ,spends lots of money in my education but i didn’t gets a site where i can earn money easily or gets a good job. But finally i founded

Fiverr that’s gives me a chances to earn money online.

Now My life is so good I also loved my Fiverr Buyers that known my Gigs and provided me good feedback.

So if your have a talent then try Fiverr.

Fiverr really change your Life.

I am most thankful for my family. My mother, father, and brother. Ever since I was born, they have been the most loving and supportive people I could ask for. They always help me through any tough situation, and give the best advice. This Thanksgiving I am reflecting on all of the blessings in my life, and I always have taken my family for granted, however, after moving out for college, I appreciate them more and more every day. They have given up so much for me to reach my full potential as a person, and they are helping me achieve my dreams. I couldn’t imagine doing the things they have done for me for anyone else.

Thanksgiving is a time where people should reflect on what we are thankful for, so don’t get caught up in all’ve the shopping and nonsense! Spend it with the people you love, and be kind to others.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am most thankful for my husband. If it wasn’t for him, I don’t know where I would be. He is my best friend in the whole world. He comforts me when I am sad, and puts up with me when I am just a little too crazy… He is kind, sweet, funny, handsome, and a terrific father. I could go on for ages, but I will stop there. I am happy, and thankful to have such a terrific mate, who after 12 years still makes me weak in the knees.

I am most thankful for the gift of life itself. Almost 5 years ago I suffered a massive heart attack at 42 years of age when living in a foreign country and life seemed to be heading in a downward spiral. It has taken a lot of work to get back on the right track since that unfortunate event but I can now see a light at the end of the tunnel. I use my earnings from Fiverr to fund my new venture and I look forward to next year being my best year so far. Never give up on life and never refuse a challenge however great it may seem at the time. I am looking forward to 2014 with renewed optimism and the challenges it brings because I will beat them all. Dream, believe,achieve and never give up on your dreams!

Now a days everyone is running in a race. Race of earning more and having more luxurious life. Rather then running in the race of getting more its better to Thank God of what HE has given us. I always thank to GOD that he gave me a chance to born in a family where I got caring parents and siblings. I thank God that he gave me chance to get education and stand on my own feet. I also thank him that he gave me Sense of choosing right path. Rather then running after these worldly things I always thank HIM that you have given me much much better life I was expecting or deserving. Everyone must thank GOD of what we all are having because I belive that “SOMETHING IS BETTER THEN NOTHING.”

What am I most thankful for?

The smile on my two year old son’s face and the way he says “daddy!” when I come home from work every single day. The way my beautiful three year old daughter gets up before sunrise and climbs into bed with us every morning.

The fact it has taken these two precious people to make me realise that life is about giving, loving and expecting nothing in return.

The author, Alex Haley, had an unusual picture hanging on his office wall. It was a picture of a turtle on top of a fence post. When asked, about the picture, Haley answered, "Every time I write something significant, every time I read my words and think that they are wonderful, and begin to feel proud of myself, I look at the turtle on top of the fence post and remember that he didn’t get there on his own. He had help."

A respected businessman was asked the secret of his success. “Three things contributed to my success,” said the man. "First, I always treated people fairly. Second, I always offered a fair price. And third, my Aunt Edna died a few years back and left me two and a half million dollars."

Both of these stories reveal the basis for gratefulness – remembering that everything we call our own is only what we have been given by God and others.

There are a multitude of people who have invested in our lives to get us to where we are today – family members, teachers, friends, and our customers on Fiverr.com!

Thanksgiving provides the occasion to consider how others have contributed to our success.

Let’s not think of ourselves more highly than we ought to think, and let’s demonstrate genuine gratefulness to those who truly deserve it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I’m humbly thankful for life.

To be able to wake up each morning

And see a new day.

New opportunities,

New ways to make a difference

In someone’s life,

Whether big or small.

To wake up and

Feel six little feet

Jumping on me.

To smell their soft skin.

To hear their sweet voices.

To simply live.

To go through the daily routines

Or to welcome the unexpected.

To breathe.

To love.

To be loved.

Wishing you and yours a peaceful and joyous Thanksgiving holiday,

Trina

I’m thankful because Fiver came my way in a period of my life in which I was feeling very sad. My short story starts in October 2012 when my grandmom passed away. After 24 years living side by side you know, it just doesn’t feel right… but I guess many of you felt the same way I did when loosing someone they loved. So one day of November I was looking for a VO over the internet that eventually brought me to a Fiver user. After buying the gig for $5 I was like, hey why such a low price for such an high quality result? Is this guy crazy or what? Then I started to compare this to a beach. Yes… a sandy beach which is made by little grains of sand… or an ocean which is made by infinite drops of water. “So little by little this can become a big thing” I told myself. “Why not give it a try? But what should I do that is original and yet catchy? Ok. Got it. De Niro is coming.” Then I’ve tried something related to the Christmas atmosphere and Santa De Niro came out. And everything started to run smoothly… each positive feedback was a joy for me… each compliment felt x10 more. I didn’t care if I was doing it for $5 or a little more because there was passion behind every gesture and spoken word. Then I met wonderful customers. Many of them came back again and again. And one day… on the 25th December 2012 I got a gift… a very big one… from a customer… I won’t tell you what this is, but it was something very pleasing and made me feel very blessed. All of this I’ve related to grandmom, because I know she’s still here besides me and helps me along the way. Thanks Nina! Love to you and to all the Fiverr community! Lets keep up the good work guys! And Happy Thanksgiving of course!

I am thankful for the good people still left in the world. Two days ago a man asked me to write a campaign for his friends. They lost everything, here is their story:

Hello, my name is Nate. I am the single father of two beautiful young girls, Makala and Destiny. I have been raising them alone for their entire lives.

About six months ago I got laid off my job, and have been struggling to find work since. I have spent all my time doing computer repair and labor jobs. By the end of the day I rarely have time to spend with my family, and when I do have extra time I can’t take them anywhere special, because of the price. All of the money I make barely pays for the bills, and I just can’t seem to find any extra to go towards saving for a down payment for a home of our own. Right now we are living with a friend and his four dogs in his trailer with two rooms. It is extremely tiny, but honestly I think we are so blessed to have a roof over our heads and food in our stomachs.

And my kids are so amazing. They see how little we have, try to handle it the best they can, and don’t complain. I love them so much. I really want to be able to get them good Christmas presents, but I can’t afford it. That’s is why I am swallowing my pride to ask for help.

My youngest daughter Destiny loves animals and taking care of them. Her biggest dream is to one day be able to ride a horse. She loves horses so much and it breaks my heart that she hasn’t ever had the chance to be near one. That’s why I want to take her for a horse riding lesson. My other daughter Makala is in love with singing, photography, and learning. But I think the biggest Christmas present I could give them would be to be able to tell them we are going to move in to a house of our own.

Right now I am willing to do anything I can to give Makala and Destiny the childhood they deserve with Christmas presents, shopping trips, and a house that actually has a place where we can sit down to eat. Any donation is a blessing and would go to making our dreams a reality. Every $5, or even $1 donation, brings us closer to our goal. Words can’t describe how much relief this would bring us. Helping with this goal will bring unbelievable joy and happiness to the hearts of two very special, wonderful, beautiful little girls.

If I win, please give me Fiverr credit, and I will give it all to them. If anyone would personally like to donate go to

http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/a-family-in-need/83403

I am also thankful for my family, who took care of me, my friends, who are there for me when I need them, and God, for He is my father, since I haven’t had one.

I am most thankful for the great grace which He has bestowed on me. The great grace that brings outcomes that people around me can’t quite comprehend. An amazing grace that sees me through my trials and all my troubles. Yes, God’s grace. Everything else is pretty much tied to it. That’s what I’m most thankful for.

I have yet to make a good inspiring story for the rest but I am on my way to better life.

I started way back when fiverr was new. I didn’t get many orders until this year. I am in family debt right now and I had everything on my shoulder. With fiverr and some of the buyers and their referred friends, I managed to get in good shape in my finance. I have yet to get out of debt side but I am sure in future I would be able to get over this debt and do fiverr just for freedom. I am thankful to all the buyers, other sellers on fiverr for their tips and support, fiverr staff (especially suppport team). All I can say is no matter how bad things turn up, have some ideas ready to see yourself free from trouble 2 months from now, with this mindset, you’ll get over many problems.

Happy thanksgiving.

I feel thankful for so much. It’s hard to just say one thing. It was almost 10 years ago I found out I have advanced stage cancer. And here I am for Thanksgiving 2013, still alive and as far as we know cancer free. I’m thankful for my family in general, but my sister specifically. She has always been there for me, no matter what. I have warm shelter. Unfortunately, I know many people aren’t that lucky. In the past year I’ve started pursuing interests, photography and Photoshop. That’s a great feeling. I’ve been having fun developing those skills. I’m thankful for my pets and usually have one of my cats curled up in my lap while I’m working at the computer. I’m thankful for a good cup of coffee, and for moments of silence. Also, thankful for this exercise as a reminder of what I’m thankful for. 🙂 I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

We do not have Thanksgiving in my country, but I am grateful to Fiverr because it gives me the opportunity to do something that I love doing and get paid in the process.

Moreover since joining Fiverr I have gained self confidence and I am more aware of the things that I am able to do in life in spite of some people telling me otherwise.

Therefore I would also like to thank the buyers for having faith in me and placing orders with me.

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody who celebrates it.

A few years ago I found a photo among my oldest sister’s pictures. I saw a man that looked exactly like my father, but I knew it couldn’t be him. I immediately asked her who it was. She then told me this story that was a secret between her and my mother. My father, unbeknownst to him, had a son. (It’s a long story) He was just a few months older than my oldest sister. Well, I was amazed! He looked just like my father. I was unsure what to do. This man may know about us, he may not want this to surface. His mother may be alive and perhaps this would be an embarrassment for the family. I held it for quite some time…wondering and thinking. Well, one morning I got up and I wrote a letter to him, I searched the telephone book and even though I had the wrong spelling of his last name, I found his address. I drove as fast as I could to the post office and mailed it. I was so scared! What have I done? Well, the phone rang in a few days and it was my BIG brother! Turns out his family knew but no one ever told him. His mother had past away a few years before. He was so happy, so glad to have “found” his 5 sisters. We were welcomed whole heartedly into their family. This was truly a wonderful Thanksgiving story…mine!

Hi,

I don’t know if i am allowed to make a comment because this is my first day actually. Thank the lord for the opportunity to be with you guys. I know definitely in no time at all, i will have a testimony of my own.

I am yet to have any inspiring story but all the same, happy thanksgiving to everyone.

Archived