An odd gig?

asiscreations

hello people!!!

its been 14 days and i was very much close to my first order but i missed it,i have 3 active gigs and i was thinking today as i am an industrial designer ,shoe design is what i really love to do.I searched it on fivver but there is not a single gig of gig,i was thinking to make a gig for shoe design,is it an odd one to be made?

i need suggestions ,wether to make it or not please?

I may be different but here’s my take on it. When I have a crazy idea for a unique gig I do put some effort into it. I still craft it to fit well enough in a current category but I make sure the keywords are strong as well. Then I post it and share it on social media and wait. Most of the time my unique ones get few if any sales and later I delete them. I’ve had one take off enough to get ranked high on Recommended which ended up bringing more traffic to my main gig. I say put your ideas out for a test run but don’t get discouraged if they flop.

Personally, I would start on something smaller. I do instruction manuals, which can take quite a while to write and am currently trying to decide on something else to offer in order to get my ratings/ level up. Just think to yourself, are you really going to want to offer unique shoe designs at $45 a pop?

I’m not in any way saying don’t offer that, if you enjoy it and the above doesn’t bother you, then go for it! 🙂 The best category for this would probably be Graphics & design> Other

I think shoe design has a lot of potential. Think of all the shoe companies in the world, all the shoe designers looking for inspirations, stuck in a rut, or even customers who want custom shoes but want to see a design before meeting an offline designer. Go ahead and do that gig, see what happens. Maybe it will be a hit.

Creating a gig wont hurt you, so I would suggest you to go for it!

Then find forums online related to shoe designs etc and promote your gig overthere!

I remember when i created my gig to offer Discourse Installation services, it was the only gig present. Then in promoted it in the respected community and now i have like 3 orders in queue!

Reply to @asiscreations: Actually i did see your gig about show designing!

Firstly: Honestly i wasn’t expecting your design to be that good! But you surprised me, so voila! Pakistan has some of the most talented people!

The only thing that was unprofessional (in my opinion) was your description!

For example “h” of hello should be capitalized! This “hello:)” should be "Hello :)"

You can organize it a bit more! Give some spacing etc.

These things seem to be small but I have learnt that they matter a lot!

Also heres one more thing i have learned, When you start you have to make compromises!

Do work for people in very very cheap prices! Give them some extras! Make sure they are completely satisfies, once you have enough sales, You can increase your prices a bit!

PS- these are just my opinions. They may be wrong 🙂

Misscrystal usually custom shoes can be people with big feet, or really small, wide etc

Also in my profession they are used for catwalks/runway shows. Like over the top Dolce and Gabana, Victor&Rolf etc The big names have their favorites but the new names usually not yet. However, they probably don’t know about the gig in Fiverr…so it would mean some marketing, I guess. Either way keep up the enthusiasm and keep on trying…like I have to do too:-) Have a great weekend!!

Reply to @misscrystal:

miss crystal every shoe design firm has designers, they design an article and then it goes to production and then to the store but that designers get a good salary but i am doing that job which is highly paid in very less money btw I am also a shoe designer in a firm and here i have started, you can say a side bussiness.

Archived