Fiverr Forum

An off topic discussion with deleted posts so context is missing

This is absolutely correct behavior. Unfortunately, **********

Mod Note: Inappropriate comment removed.
This topic is a heated discussion regarding some comments made by a buyer. Many comments have been flagged and removed so context is difficult to follow. If you have ANYTHING better to do than read this then do it.

Sweeping generalisation alert!

That’s really very rude when you don’t know everybody on Fiverr, isn’t it?

1 Like

He has extensive user experience, that’s why such a beautifool remark. :wink:

1 Like

Your generalization is offensive and wrong. That is both a bash to the professional sellers and the buyers who purchase here.

4 Likes

No No, I think its ok… we don’t mind, it’s all good. :thumbsup: :relaxed:

OFF WITH HIS ****!

@adrianblade , as I said above, it’s very amusing that you think so badly of Fiverr sellers yet you continue to come here and purchase from them. Limp on, my friend–especially if you think OP’s behavior is in any way acceptable, never mind going to get a decent seller to not throw you straight in the trash and leave you with only the very people you’re walking on by.

Dear me.

You don’t need to **** the word head

Yes I do, Eoin… umm… my location and world politics? LOL

1 Like

Which head exactly are we talking about here?

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

No, YOU shop here for low cost.
Other buyers shop here for a variety of reasons. For me it is about value, an excellent price:quality ratio and ease of use.
Nobody would argue that there are some exceptionally poor quality sellers here but your generalizations about all users here is what people are taking issue with.

7 Likes

You didn’t say low cost services - you said low quality people.

1 Like

Why do I get the feeling you’d be one of the first to start shrieking when you get crap in return for your daintily-thrown peanuts?

That is upwork screen shots, why are you putting it here? what is the point you are making?

2 Likes

HEY EVERYONE LOOK THIS GUY BUYS STUFF ON THE INTERNET!!!

I have to echo DJ–what point are you trying to make here exactly? It’s falling flat on its face in any case: that is not a particularly impressive hire rate.

3 Likes

I do agree with you this is unprofessional. I wouldn’t accept someone’s work and promise them something and disappear…however, perhaps something happened and an emergency sent the seller away abruptly (It will always state “vacation” no matter where you are or what you’re doing…I took “vacation” to visit my ailing mother). So while it’s easy to get frustrated by this, I would just simply move on to someone who is responsive and you work well with. As a seller myself I’m learning not everyone is as professional as I would expect or desire…and that is buyers and sellers alike. For $5 I often go overboard in providing excellent service and communication and sometimes there’s ZERO response, no feedback and they don’t even complete the order. This is crappy to me and I wouldn’t do this to someone who provided this much but it’s common across the board, buyers and sellers alike. Good thing is there is wonderful, amazing talent on here willing to take on your project so my advice is to move on. Good luck!

4 Likes

If you shop here for low costs, it’s obvious what kind of sellers you’re dealing with. Yes, the ones who would do anything for $5 simply because they want to make their first sales.

I think you might want to get yourself informed before posting such out-of-place comments and missinforming someone else. If you come here with this mentality, it’s no wonder why you encounter ‘‘low-quality people’’.

Being a freelancer does not make someone bad at what he/she does, on the contrary, it means that person is smart enough to find a way to use his/her skills in a more unconventional way, in the comfort of their own home – while making the same amount of money as a salary (depending on the service offered) or even more. Just because we do not physically work in a ‘‘professional workspace’’ does not mean our work is less professional.

Actually, each seller here is their ‘‘own boss’’ which I think is a lot more respectful than working within a company and following orders.

3 Likes

Is this Upwork’s latest attempt at guerrilla marketing?

It’s shit.

5 Likes