And...now I'm having buyers leave feedback on orders that are older than 30 days

I’ve just been a mess of bugs and nonsense this week! And it’s only Wednesday. I had a buyer leave feedback on a gig today that was completed back in October 2014. It is February 2015, right? I’m not imagining that? My laptop and I haven’t been sucked through a wormhole? I was under the impression buyers couldn’t rate orders that had been completed for more than 30 days…(reads TOS again) yes…I’m pretty sure that’s what it means when it says, "No new reviews may be added to an order after 30 days."

Not really a big deal–there’s just been a bunch of weird stuff going on with my account this week and it worries me!

I have a review option available for an order( for the buyer) that was ordered in May 2014.

Yes bring us more nightmares. We don’t have enough of them. 8-|

I’ve also noticed that seller’s reviews of buyers are no longer showing on the buyer’s profile page (maybe just for me in the few spot checks I did? It’s the wormhole again, probably). What might the rationale have been behind taking those away?

Reply to @madmoo: Probably/hopefully just a fluke or a glitch. It’s not like it was a bad review or anything. OR maybe that 30 day limit only applies to orders completed after the 30 day limit was instituted?

It’s getting increasingly difficult to brush off the mountain of bugs, glitches and ridiculous functionality decisions.

Fiver is what it is, but there does come a tipping point when enough is more than enough.

Reply to @itsyourthing: For me, as long as nothing “glitches” with the money side of user accounts, I’m pretty much willing to stick out whatever nonsense happens…realizing fully that that’s tempting the fates and that attitude may have to change if something really catastrophic does happen, haha.

Reply to @madmoo: Thanks for being so on top of this madmoo! You are a champ!

emasonwrites said: For me, as long as nothing "glitches" with the money side of user accounts, I'm pretty much willing to stick out whatever nonsense happens..
That's pretty much been my mantra, but I am in a lousy mood today. It's not helped by the fact that my orders have dried up (again) and I can't help but wonder if it's because the "user is no longer available" banner has randomly showed up on my profile (again), or if there is some other flaming BS that I'm unaware of, can't verify or do anything about even if I did know what was going on.

I'm actually a patient person and believe it or not, I'm skillful at working with whatever's on the table. BUT, validating that 20% commission is getting pretty tricky.

P.S. Knock on some wood and the fates will go elsewhere. ;)

Reply to @emasonwrites: I read a lot of buyer reviews while they were up and the timing was interesting. First sellers on the forums were joyous seeing the reviews shown. People then started to realize that you could see every type of feedback for sellers, but feedback for buyers only showed if it was ranked as a positive, so 3-5 stars only. It made buyer pages look generally good while sellers with a negative or two looked like crap.

On the forums sellers caught on and started to suggest using 3 stars for bad buyers but write in feedback that pointed out bad buyer behavior. After that buyer reviews were removed from view again. There is still a lot I love about Fiverr even with glitches although I wish Fiverr woukd test things somewhere besides the live site. Then this kind of deliberate nonsense is a kick in the teeth to Fiverr users.

fonthaunt said: People then started to realize that you could see every type of feedback for sellers, but feedback for buyers only showed if it was ranked as a positive, so 3-5 stars only. It made buyer pages look generally good while sellers with a negative or two looked like crap.
Fiverr will never do anything that makes the buyers look bad. They want their money no matter what. If it weren't for the fact that what sellers provide/do can get Fiverr sued, they'd probably remove any sort of 'reporting' on them as well.

Reply to @itsyourthing: I totally get that. If I was going through the account issues you’re having, the tone of my original post would have been very different.

Reply to @emasonwrites: Hopefully, you won’t have to change your tone any time soon. :slight_smile:

Reply to @itsyourthing: May be and that’s sad. I wasn’t here for the plain thumbs up/down although it seems like that system was generally working for all. It seems like a lot of time is spent fixing things that aren’t broken and ignoring ones (help for the forum mods?) that do need work. I like Fiverr in spite of all this. The idea behind it is phenomenal. Some days it’s harder to ignore the crappy stuff though. Sorry for your dry spell! Hopefully it’s just the “weather.” I saw the weird banner on your profile once when I read about it but I don’t see it now.

Reply to @fonthaunt: Thanks. :slight_smile:

I say this with all due respect to Fiverr, but they literally make terrible decisions on where they invest their money and workforce. If they are 100% about money, they do it incorrectly, if they are 100% about creating a vibrant, international outsourcing community, they do it incorrectly. If they’re 50/50 they are still wrong!

That’s why the frustration gets to me. NO-one likes to work for an inept boss who has the authority and manpower to make things operate for the better of everyone involved, but simply refuses to do it. It’s not all personal either, I genuinely feel bad for the people who are reliant on Fiverr.

It’s funny you’d mention the weather - it’s the warmest, sunniest day we’ve had in weeks and here I sit ready to spit nails over stuff that doesn’t matter at all in the big picture. Thanks for the sympathy. I’m gonna take a walk. :slight_smile:

Reply to @itsyourthing: I agree with you on all of the above! My last real boss was even worse, though. :slight_smile:

It’s actually a nice day here too and it’s been nasty weather lately. Tomorrow is supposed to be horrible again. I was up all night though and I’m cranky even in the face of sunshine. Talk a walk for me too!

itsyourthing said: I can't help but wonder if it's because the "user is no longer available" banner has randomly showed up on my profile
IMO, that was a bug that was unrelated to your account. I think it was a persistent message that appeared on the original poster's message bar (his screenshot) that was left over from a search he did on another user. I have seen this often when submitting an offer on the Buyer Request pages. I will get "Your offer was successfully submitted" on several subsequent, unrelated pages.
Have you ever seen that before or later?

Reply to @fonthaunt: I guess it depends on how you define “boss”. In a way, every single freelance client and the Fiverr overlords are all bosses. It doesn’t happen too often, but every once in awhile I think it might be nice to go back to punching someone’s time clock.

Same here with the weather. Back to record-breaking cold tomorrow and today’s not much of a treat either. Oh well, spring’s not too far off! (Did that sound enthusiastic? I tried to type with optimism. ) :wink:

Reply to @ricksper: That may be, but the point is, none of us can be sure about it. On top of the things users do know about - in search, out of search, top rated, not rated, communications ending up in random places at random times, etc., etc., etc., - who knows what’s going on in the background.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter, it just adds to the pile of ‘can’t work around something if you don’t know what you’re working around’. Such is Fiverr, and even though I know that, on occasion it burns my biscuits. :slight_smile: