šŸ˜  Does Fiverr monitor these groups?

sydneymorgan

With all the talk about social media promotion (the legit kind), I finally logged into Facebook this morning and typed ā€œFiverrā€ into the search bar to see what came up.

One of the most popular groups is the ā€œFiverr Review Exchangeā€ and it is constantly getting posts from sellers with direct links to gigs. Itā€™s not like itā€™s hard to find (took me <5 seconds and Iā€™m Facebook illiterate). Itā€™s also open to the public, so all someone at Fiverr has to do is go to the group and find all the sellers trading fake reviews.

Is Fiverr doing anything about this?

This is why buyers come to sellers asking for reassurance because ā€œthe last guy scammed me even though he had great reviews.ā€ Itā€™s Fiverrā€™s reputation at stake.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are dozens if not thousands of these groups. It would be incredibly difficult to monitor every single one unfortunately.

I know, but you would think they could at least pick one and go through it every once in a while. These sellers are making it incredibly easy to find them if Fiverr wanted to take action.

What if theyā€™re saboteurs trying to get their competition banned? šŸ˜ƒ

On a non-conspiratorial note, I think it would be fairly easy for Fiverr to investigate and take action against them.

The forum Black Hat World is also a place where review exchanges, account trading etc. happen. It would be great if they did something about it.

On a non-conspiratorial note, I think it would be fairly easy for Fiverr to investigate and take action against them.

The forum Black Hat World is also a place where review exchanges, account trading etc. happen. It would be great if they did something about it.

Maybe since theyā€™re on a ā€˜spring cleaningā€™ spree as of late theyā€™ll begin looking into these things. Obviously they canā€™t stop it completely, but I think they can try a bit harder and take down a public list of sellers who are promoting their fake reviews across the internet.

What if theyā€™re saboteurs trying to get their competition banned?

Would be really expensive to investigate due to privacy policies on social media sites.

Maybe since theyā€™re on a ā€˜spring cleaningā€™ spree as of late theyā€™ll begin looking into these things. Obviously they canā€™t stop it completely, but I think they can try a bit harder and take down a public list of sellers who are promoting their fake reviews across the internet.

Trying to police the internet rarely works out, usually ends up with loads of wasted time and money.

Trying to police the internet rarely works out, usually ends up with loads of wasted time and money.

Very true, but I wouldnā€™t consider this policing the internet. These people are doing the work for Fiverr by putting their profile into a public list of scammers.

ā€œLevel Two seller account with 67 reviews for sale for $250ā€¦ā€

šŸ˜²

Iā€™m 90% positive I bought from one of those sellers awhile back. The work was so awful, I canā€™t even start.

Still around, still level 2, has more great reviews and some pretty decent stuff on live portfolio. Either she got better in the past year, buyers are lying or tons of people arenā€™t reviewing.

I donā€™t understand how someone can go from horrible to pretty good stuff. Thereā€™s a chance it could be me but other sellers did great with same instructions.

Iā€™m 90% positive I bought from one of those sellers awhile back. The work was so awful, I canā€™t even start.

Still around, still level 2, has more great reviews and some pretty decent stuff on live portfolio. Either she got better in the past year, buyers are lying or tons of people arenā€™t reviewing.

I donā€™t understand how someone can go from horrible to pretty good stuff. Thereā€™s a chance it could be me but other sellers did great with same instructions.

The work was so awful, I canā€™t even start.

Did you review Him/Her?

With all the talk about social media promotion (the legit kind), I finally logged into Facebook this morning and typed ā€œFiverrā€ into the search bar to see what came up.

One of the most popular groups is the ā€œFiverr Review Exchangeā€ and it is constantly getting posts from sellers with direct links to gigs. Itā€™s not like itā€™s hard to find (took me <5 seconds and Iā€™m Facebook illiterate). Itā€™s also open to the public, so all someone at Fiverr has to do is go to the group and find all the sellers trading fake reviews.

Is Fiverr doing anything about this?

This is why buyers come to sellers asking for reassurance because ā€œthe last guy scammed me even though he had great reviews.ā€ Itā€™s Fiverrā€™s reputation at stake.

One of the most popular groups is the ā€œFiverr Review Exchangeā€ and it is constantly getting posts from sellers with direct links to gigs.

On top of that, they openly say that itā€™s perfectly safe, because they have two accounts. šŸ˜

Maybe it was resold! šŸ˜‚

Very true, but I wouldnā€™t consider this policing the internet. These people are doing the work for Fiverr by putting their profile into a public list of scammers.

Or putting up loads of competitors profiles, or their people like you who were curious and had a peak. At best fiverr could ask the site owners to take down the group, anything else would be either expensive or risky gray area.

Iā€™ve passed several screenshots to CS over the past months on those selling accounts or offering something blatantly against the TOS. Some have their entire profile listed which makes it easy.

I have no regrets.

Fiverr should be a place of those following the rules so that we all prosper.

Itā€™s one of so many on FB, their own sites, forums, etc. I have reported entire groups before and I got the usual message about it being sent to Trust and Safety. It seemed like to me that either there was so much of it T&S was having a hard time keeping up or they just thought it would be self-limiting. After a while I was afraid I was actually spamming CS with so many reports, so I slowed down. Itā€™s a tough situation.

Or putting up loads of competitors profiles, or their people like you who were curious and had a peak. At best fiverr could ask the site owners to take down the group, anything else would be either expensive or risky gray area.

Curious people donā€™t join, they just look šŸ™‚ Maybe some people are posting other sellers, but many of them are definitely participating in the review exchange portion and I donā€™t see how it would be that hard for Fiverr to figure out who. Itā€™s a matter of putting two and two together:

This person posted on the group + this person posted on the group, and now theyā€™ve given each other five stars = Ban both

Itā€™s one of so many on FB, their own sites, forums, etc. I have reported entire groups before and I got the usual message about it being sent to Trust and Safety. It seemed like to me that either there was so much of it T&S was having a hard time keeping up or they just thought it would be self-limiting. After a while I was afraid I was actually spamming CS with so many reports, so I slowed down. Itā€™s a tough situation.

I thought so too, but then I noticed that they are taking down the pages that I sent them of people selling accounts.

Fb does does have a rule about not breaking third party sites so it might be better to report the groups to fb instead. Although usually nothing happens if you use the standard online report system, i had best luck by rending registered snail mail to the closest fb office (in my case thatā€™s the Ireland office). Downside is its expensive to send registered mail abroad.

I thought so too, but then I noticed that they are taking down the pages that I sent them of people selling accounts.

I hope so. When I was reporting them, this ā€œintense house cleaningā€ wasnā€™t going on. Iā€™ve been really happy to see the efforts made lately and the drop in overall gig numbers.

I felt the same when I started reporting to CS. The response was plain which left me wondering if I was spamming support. I havenā€™t sent one in months.

I noticed that they are taking down the pages that I sent them of people selling accounts.

How do they know itā€™s a real ad and not the work of a competitor?

I noticed that they are taking down the pages that I sent them of people selling accounts.

How do they know itā€™s a real ad and not the work of a competitor?

they probably can match it up since it had the same profile pic and his real name.

Archived