Angry email from a client?

funkypeer

I got this email, but I don’t understand what went wrong in my response:

Hey <>
Thank you for all the hard work on the latest project. Unfortunately this design does not reflect anything we talked about. Your choice of colors is suboptimal, which makes the whole design feel horrible. I am sure you can do much better. How about another try?
Best Regards

My reply:

Sir,

I really don’t know what you mean. Could you please be specific. I am unsure how a call can help.

Respectfully

Guest offlinehelpers

this meant to be anonymous. clients can see this post

this meant to be anonymous. clients can see this post

It’s a public forum - you posted it here.

“suboptimal” and “horrible” is not specific at all. I’d ask the buyer to either name at least one of their corporate colors or show you a sample of a palette they like. Something you can actually work with to redo it.

Using the palette of the logo + 1-2 additional colors is usually a good call unless you’re specifically told not to do that.

“suboptimal” and “horrible” is not specific at all. I’d ask the buyer to either name at least one of their corporate colors or show you a sample of a palette they like. Something you can actually work with to redo it.

Using the palette of the logo + 1-2 additional colors is usually a good call unless you’re specifically told not to do that.

“suboptimal” and “horrible” is not specific at all.

I’d agree. Granted, we can’t understand all the situation and context, but while he’s asking you to revise it, the buyer could be a little more helpful. Maybe you’ve already resolved it with him. I don’t know. But, in the future, I’d suggest asking for what he is looking for instead of just what he’s not looking for.

I am unsure how a call can help.

Maybe part of the buyer’s message got chopped off? If they’re asking you to call them, I believe that’s a violation of TOS and you should report to CS? Correct me if I’m wrong, someone.

I don’t get how anybody could hit the heart for this.

You gave a quite ignorant reply to a quite specific complain if your buyer.

The fact that other people here understand the buyers remarks without even seeing the product you delivered, should make you doubt if your communication is on par.

Archived