Fiverr Forum

Another 4.7 stars when they try to leave 5 stars due the the buggy app

Once again the buyer tried to leave me 5 stars on the app. And she tried to leave a comment but the app only put on the review “good experience”. I have had this happen 3 times now in the past two weeks!

I had a thread about this in December but that got closed.

Please fix this fiverr.

Again I have had to contact customer support and they have a new person who never heard of this problem. The buyer tries to leave a review of 5 stars but the app will see it as only 4.3 or 4.7 stars and not let them write a review either-- instead it will just say “good experience.”

The previous thread I had was dated November 16. Why can’t this be resolved?

Customer service should be aware of this by now and help sellers when it happens.
I sent screenshots of my conversation with the buyer about it and still
was told they couldn’t help me. It’s a bug on the app!

Sellers please send requests to customer support when you get a message from a buyer this happened. Always ask your buyers when you get 4.7 or 4.3 stars if they intended to do that, and ask if they used the fiverr app when it happens, then write to customer support about it with screenshots of the conversation.

Fiverr needs to fix this and you guys need to let them know about it.

It will affect your total ratings!

Anyway To Remove Negative Feedback?
4.7 review - ouch!

Update:

I showed customer support the previous thread about this problem and screenshots of our conversation with the buyer and they removed the feedback.

Sellers need to go after this problem and notify customer support every time it happens so it gets fixed. It happens very frequently and you may not realize when you get a 4.7 or 4.3 it is a bug on the app and the buyer tried to leave 5 stars.

Mods: I know this was discussed earlier but that thread was closed and the problem remains.

Customer support: Thank you~ :heart:

Customer support thanked me for the information, promised to read through the previous thread, and said they would look into this problem which they seemed to be unaware of.

I hope this thread can stay open for a while so people can post about this bug.

Customer support has shown an interest in hearing about it and people’s experience with it and it may help them to hear what people are saying about it.

Mods: please let this thread stay open so people can post if they have this problem.
I can’t do this alone.

Misscrystal, thank you so much for standing up for this issue. It actually hasn’t affected me yet, but I know it’s just a matter of time and this is just an awful situation. Sending good vibes to anyone affected and I hope they fix this soon!

Yep, hope they fix it soon. Anything lower than 5 stars, I contact the buyer and ask. 99% it’s the bug lol

[Request] Questions for Fiverrcast re-launch

Dear Miss Crystal:

Please post a link to this thread in THAT thread: Fiverrcast Questions.

Please pose your response in the form of a question, like on Jeopardy.

Good luck,
Blaise

Done! Thanks for the suggestion~

Contact again to customer support and tell them all situation :slight_smile:

It has happened to me too, twice now. Though I usually just let it go whe support says theres nithing they can do. I hope they resolve it soon.
Thanks for coming out on this, I thought it was happening only on my end.

Glad to have an explanation for this. I had a great experience with a buyer who then left me 4.4 feedback and I was disappointed, they even talked of working with me again, and I could not understand why they would rate below 5 stars. I bet this is what happened.

You are allowed to ask a buyer this:

@joelnorth

You are allowed to ask the buyer if they intended to leave 4.4 stars since there is a bug on the fiverr app that turns 5 stars into less than 5 stars.

While you can’t ask them to change the review, you CAN ask if they mean to leave less than 5 stars, and be sure to mention to them that if they used the app it can happen to make a mistake.

Question for those of you who have experienced this bug: Aside from the overall rating, what do you see for “Communication with Seller,” “Service as Described,” and “Buy Again or Recommend”? Do those all have 5 stars if the buyer intended to give you 5 stars? Or do those ratings reflect the overall 4.3 or 4.7-star rating?

It will have two 5 stars and one 4 star rating. These will average either 4.3 or 4.7 usually.

Also it will say good experience even if the buyer writes a review. So if you get 4.3 or 4.7 be sure every time to ask the buyer if they intended to leave that. Don’t ask them to change it, just if they meant to leave that rating.

Thanks. I’m going to ask from now on just to make sure!

I don’t think I ever, in 4 years, got a 4.3 or a 4.7 even once until this started happening.

It just happened again today and again customer support removed it after I asked the buyer if she mean to leave 4.7 stars and of course she said no.

It’s happened 3 times in the last month.

I just got one of these today, I am waiting for response from the buyer, and if it was the glitch, I suppose I should contact CS?

If the buyer says yes they tried to leave 5 stars then take a screenshot of the conversation and send it to CS.

If they tell you to use the resolution page then tell them you are not going to do that since it warns of getting your account banned and it is a bug in the app. Send them a link to this thread also.

Have not heard back from the buyer. I might follow up tomorrow just to make sure they got the message, but after that I am not going to worry about it. It still shows 100% positive on my profile so I am still happy lol :grin:

You know, I’m just going to use this in my 4.7 reviews now. I just have. I see no reason to harass people who are happy with the work over Fiverr’s glitch. So I have put this in my latest review, and I will continue to do so. Buyers of mine, or those who are reading this because of my review, please do not review from the app.

I have never had a buyer be upset because I asked them if they intended to leave 4.7 stars. Some of them message customer service themselves about it.

If I didn’t get a response I would let it go however, but so far every one of them has shown concern about it.