Fiverr Forum

Another grumble about evaluation day

Eval day is coming up fast. As a seller who doesn’t receive many messages (only a couple a week), i really see no chance I will get my response rate percentage high enough to maintain my seller 2 level, even though im responding to all messages within 24hrs. How are you feeling about the next evaluation day?

2 Likes

That metric is refreshed every 60 days, so as long as you keep reaponding on time, it will eventually go up.

1 Like

@everfae Evaluations right now are rough, I think it’ll be some time before all the kinks are worked out. But I agree that there has to be some quality control. It used to be that every person who’s been on the site long enough and sold could be level 2. Fiverr are looking out for buyers and sellers alike. I think that for the good sellers who push through, it will make life easier, but the bad sellers will continue to sink to the bottom, making it overall easier for the good guys to rise above.

I think it’s worth going through the confusion for a little bit if it means that more good sellers will go up and more bad sellers will go down.

2 Likes

Indeed. I dont think I’ll “pass” the next evaluation day, but I feel optimistic for the one after that.

1 Like

I actually do like the idea! I think it’s good to keep sellers in check. In my case there were one or two messages that I didn’t reply to on time - I had just got back to fiverr after a long break and didn’t realise there was a new system. Because I rarely get any messages, just those one or two late replies really affected my response rate and I dont see it climbing any time soon, i need 15% more to pass, but I think I can’t realistically gain that much in 2 weeks.

I see it as a lesson learned anyway, Im just having a little moan because Ive been Level 2 for most of my time here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Miss Oliva, I am surprised you do not get more messages/orders. Your cartoon watercolor is amazing. My family is so pleased with the watercolor you did of my parents. And I see it is in your portfolio! Good luck on St. Valentine’s Level Day. :heart_decoration:

5 Likes

I hate these evaluations so much, so lame.

5 Likes

Ahh hello! It’s nice to see you here :slight_smile: Thank you for the kind words, and glad to hear your family enjoys it ! And you too my friend. My response rate has got to 83% now but that took a while.

1 Like

I replied late to one message back on December 13. My rate went to 95% because of that. It is now at 98%. If it takes 60 days to go away, that should be right around St.Valentine’s Levels Day. Do not feel too bad about losing a level. You will be in good company, and your art and reviews speak for themselves. I have friends who had over 1K reviews and lost their level due to one or two of the metrics. So like I said, even if you lose your level, you will be in good company. :wink:

Ouch! That is harsh! I think they should reshuffle the response rate system to make it easier to raise for those who don’t receive a lot of messages. It might rise faster for those who receive many messages a day and so they can have a better chance of meeting the deadline?

In any case you’re right, it doesn’t matter too much. I don’t really take into account seller’s levels, only the quality of their gigs / reviews and decent written English!

1 Like