Another seller copy my gig. Pictures and Descriptions!

barrydavian

Hi,
I’m new to Fiverr. A month or two after joining Fiverr, orders start to flow. Now I have repeated orders from many buyers. I did really enjoy Fiverr’s simplicity. Everything is going well.

Until just now, I found out someone stole my gig. Completed with my works and my descriptions! I’ve sent a message to him. No response yet.

I want to ask you dear forum, what am I supposed to do in the case like this? Did you ever happened to be in the same situation as this? What is the solution?

Thank you.

Thank you all, for your advices. I think contact the support team will be the best way. I’ve never contacted the support team before for any reasons. It could be my first experience.

But before I proceed to contacting the support, I think I’ll wait the good response from the guy who copy and paste my gig. Geez,… how could someone copy and paste someone else’s gig. 😕

Thank you all, for your advices. I think contact the support team will be the best way. I’ve never contacted the support team before for any reasons. It could be my first experience.

But before I proceed to contacting the support, I think I’ll wait the good response from the guy who copy and paste my gig. Geez,… how could someone copy and paste someone else’s gig. 😕

and if he decides to report you first?

and if he decides to report you first?

I was thinking the same thing.

He should NEVER contact the thief. My guess is that he will report him first and then it will be impossible to prove first egg or chicken and both will loose GIG.

The moment you see something wrong or stolen you file report, never message the seller.

roceed to contacting the support, I think I’ll wait the good response from the guy who copy and paste my gig.

Don’t do that. No one who steals from you is going to say “Yeah you’re right” and take it down.

When you’re contacting another seller for anything other than a potential order discussion, you’re technically sending them spam (and possibly threats) thus violating ToS. Not a good idea.

My gig got copied a few times in the past, I just reported the users and all the copies were gone in a matter of hours. These days, realistically, it’d probably take days given how busy CS is but they are usually very sympathetic and efficient when it comes to this stuff.

roceed to contacting the support, I think I’ll wait the good response from the guy who copy and paste my gig.

Don’t do that. No one who steals from you is going to say “Yeah you’re right” and take it down.

Actually he replied to my message and willing to take down the gig. But he didn’t do that until now…

I was thinking the same thing.

He should NEVER contact the thief. My guess is that he will report him first and then it will be impossible to prove first egg or chicken and both will loose GIG.

The moment you see something wrong or stolen you file report, never message the seller.

Yeah, I see. @anidee comment opened my eyes. And yours make it bolder. Just wow, I can’t believe the possibility of this.

Behind the Fiverr’s simplicity, there is a ‘hole’ where a ‘thief’ can take the advantage from. A Hundred hours of hard works potentially gone in a blink of an eye… What a system… 😓

When you’re contacting another seller for anything other than a potential order discussion, you’re technically sending them spam (and possibly threats) thus violating ToS. Not a good idea.

My gig got copied a few times in the past, I just reported the users and all the copies were gone in a matter of hours. These days, realistically, it’d probably take days given how busy CS is but they are usually very sympathetic and efficient when it comes to this stuff.

In a matter of hours is fast. Would you please give me exact procedure to report this to the CS?

Actually he replied to my message and willing to take down the gig. But he didn’t do that until now…

It doesn’t matter if they took it down, what they did was unethical and they are now likely to do it to someone else.

Report them and have them removed from the site. Fiverr does not need sellers like this ruining their reputation and the reputations of other honest sellers.

Hi,

I’m new to Fiverr. A month or two after joining Fiverr, orders start to flow. Now I have repeated orders from many buyers. I did really enjoy Fiverr’s simplicity. Everything is going well.

Until just now, I found out someone stole my gig. Completed with my works and my descriptions! I’ve sent a message to him. No response yet.

I want to ask you dear forum, what am I supposed to do in the case like this? Did you ever happened to be in the same situation as this? What is the solution?

Thank you.

I found out someone stole my gig

it happens from time to time…a few days someone copied even my name from a gig… it’s pretty common to see such things however if you contact support they will take care of it fast

The fun thing is, a dude copied my about us gig’s description and I am removed from search, yet he is on the first best selling page in my category with a stolen description. And I am talking almost verbatim, copy-paste… I just rest my case, if someone that steals descriptions can rank higher than the original gig he copied…that’s just sad.

In a matter of hours is fast. Would you please give me exact procedure to report this to the CS?

I don’t think it’ll get handled in the matter of hours now. CS seems to be very busy at the moment. But:

Support - Help & Support - Seller Help Center

image.thumb.png.8672401bcf441f6bc6b0f1e1e2a98370.png
image1878×1200 102 KB

I’d include the dates your gig was published/edited just in case. Although I’m sure CS can see when our gigs were created and updated and how.

Hi,

Thank you.

want to ask you dea

This is doubtful, you can screenshot to see evidence.

Report the seller through the copied gig…it takes less than 2 minutes.

How to do this;
Open his/her gig,
Click on “flag as inappropriate”,
Select “plagiarism” as the reason for flagging
Paste your gig link in the space provided as the original gig
Click report to send
The duplicate gig will be deleted from fiverr immediately.

Report the seller through the copied gig…it takes less than 2 minutes.

How to do this;

Open his/her gig,

Click on “flag as inappropriate”,

Select “plagiarism” as the reason for flagging

Paste your gig link in the space provided as the original gig

Click report to send

Pretty sure the process isn’t ‘immediate’. IIRC, when you flag a gig like you’ve described, it say’s it’ll be ‘investigated’. Fiverr CS is really behind right now.

Still, thank you for sharing the exact steps with the OP!

Archived