Fiverr Community Forum

Another seller IS PRETENDING TO BE ME - What Can I Do?

Hello,

I have encountered a seller who is using my face and picture without my consent nor my permission to promote his gig: *****************

This is my original profile: https://www.fiverr.com/tommysiu?up_rollout=true

He has clearly breached copyright law. I have asked him to remove it, he keeps saying he will but it is still being displayed. I have also reported to Fiverr’s support system, but they are not replying to me.

I have new buyers coming to me asking whether or not I am collaborating with him, and I fear that it has a reputation effect on my overall gig.

What can i do?

Thank you
Tommy

Mod Note: It is against the Forum Rules to negatively call out a buyer or seller. You may send the username to Customer Support if the user has actually violated the Fiverr Terms of Service, but the public forum is not the right place forrname call-outs

Immediately report this user to CS, make sure to include screenshots, links, and any other proof you have. There’s nothing much to be done beyond that. That seller seems like a really sucky person…

5 Likes

Block him if possible, so that he doesn’t use your identity to commit crime.

1 Like

That the CS hasn’t replied you doesn’t mean they won’t reply. However, you can do a reminder to them. Make sure you attach all the evidence including the messages from your new buyers asking if you were in collaboration with him? I am sorry there’s absolutely nothing you can do but to wait for CS’s reply. They will certainly pull his gig down.

1 Like

You will just have to wait for CS.

But if I were you, I wouldn’t have contacted them.

2 Likes

Report him by going to his gig. Fiverr takes the report thing more serious than customer service.

I don’t recommend this just because it will add to their queue - the wait time is currently ridiculously long for ticket replies and there’s nothing OP can do except wait for them to intervene :frowning:

1 Like

You need to remove the name of the seller from your post as that is not allowed on the forum.

2 Likes

I suggest preforming a reverse search of your image in Google. This person could be using your information or at least image on similar websites.

3 Likes

Thank you, I have already but the customer service is so busy - i’ve reported this since Wednesday :frowning: , hopefully they will address this soon. thanks for your recommendation

okay, thanks for the tip. They replied, but they have just told me that they are looking to it now

1 Like

thanks for that, will do so in the future, it is just that CS is not doing anything,

1 Like

great tip, thanks for this!

1 Like

Screw it, file a dmca. That puts him in court If it is not fixed and fixes your problem. Report the dmca claim to fiverr CS.

1 Like