Fiverr Community Forum

Any $5 Gigs Anymore?

Fiverr stands for $5 gigs. Where all my $5 sellers at?

17 Likes

Why would a freelancer offer his/her services for only $5, when he/she can charge what his/her services are worth? And I can assure you, most of them are worth far more than $5. Fiverr is growing up, and it is letting it’s freelancers charge fair and equitable prices.

Buyers do not need everything that they want for only $5. :wink:

37 Likes

They are all busy delivering great quality gigs for 5$ like robots!

9 Likes

Probably busy selling to those who value their skills and effort.

22 Likes

Actually, many years have passed and now it stands for “Gigs starting from $5”.

If someone, for instance, only needs a few sentences translated, and not necessarily within the next few hours, sure, many sellers will do that for $5. If someone wants a whole book translated for $5, then they are delusional, or will get what they pay for, which can only be a 1-minute instant Google translation, unedited.
I still see plenty of $5 gigs. It depends on what you want for 5 dollars if they can be good or not. There's even a dollar filter, you could use that to filter out higher priced gigs if your projects are only worth $5 to you.

(what’s up with this forum displaying some but not all of my dollar signs and messing up my grammar thus?)

12 Likes

There are still a lot of sellers offering 5$ gigs. You can even search this forum to find a lot of desperate people promoting their gigs for just 5$.

But for 5$ you get 5$ quality (but some sellers do offer good gigs for that price) but as with every rare Diamond you need to put an effort in finding those gigs

8 Likes

They still exist. You can search by price, level, etc. To me, $5 is what you charge when you have no reviews and are eager to get some, or when you work for fun instead of money.

People diminish $5 gigs but money accumulates just the same. If you sold a $5 gig 20 times a day, you’d be making $80 a day, or $2,400 a month.

Of course, nowadays I don’t sell anything for $5 because I don’t think I can get 20 orders a day. I’m lucky if I get 1-4 orders a day.

8 Likes

Might be busy with some good sellers… :grinning::grin::joy:

4 Likes

There are plenty of sellers out there who offers $5 gigs, myself included.

If you see a gig that you really like though with a certain quality,
I’m sure it’s worth paying more than $5. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yes, the base price is $5 although you can charge more depending on your services.

5 Likes

They realized they are worth more than the $4 they end up with and started charging more, still less than they are actually worth usually. And they also found that there are many buyers who are eager to get such quality services even if they have to spend more for them.

7 Likes

Also, prices raise. Food prices are raising, services, salaries, everything’s going up.

3 Likes

There are still plenty of $5 gigs on the site, but it’s fair to expect a decent but still $5 amount of work.
Since you can’t dedicate hours or days to a $5 order, you can understand why other freelancers won’t either.

3 Likes

I can dig it. Na sayin’

3 Likes

you can find a plenty of sellers on fiverr who offers 5$ services, but it would be worthy 5$ :anguished:

4 Likes

I once worked on a $5 gig for 4 days. That is $1 per day. I ended up canceling the order because the buyer kept adding to the initial agreement. No one told me to kick it off my page…

5 Likes

For real estherrandell? How that happen?

2 Likes

Sellers be up-selling or jacking up the prices of their services on Fiverr. This is so wrong cause everything s’pose to be $5. Wish me luck in finding a seller

2 Likes

That was true six years ago but not now.

3 Likes

misscrystal

Fiverr needa take a step back in time then

2 Likes