Any advice on improvement?

melissabell161

The sound/voice I thought was great. I just think the video wasn’t up to the quality of the voice.
(Not sure I can link this here, but it’s good information:)
academia.stackexchange.com Lentes

Why do most people think it's a bad idea to read from slides?

presentation, slides

Scroll down to some of the responses to the OP.

bc125473ea8f1b9cd766fae2b2902351.png.1883595e322e2e0d3dbe65f9f7a0dea0.png

I don’t mean this in a bad way at all, but you’re probably likely to get more hits advertising your gig as a “child” voice, as opposed to “youthful”. Most people looking for youthful voices mean young adult, which is what they need for their commercials, where a more childlike voice will be too young for their product. Voices in the “child” category are still very popular for cartoons, games and such though! But I think you’ve slightly mischaracterized your unique sound by calling it “youthful”, because it is VERY very young sounding! So the people who are looking for your type of voice specifically might not find it, and the ones who are looking for “young adult” voices may not think yours hits the mark.

I don’t mean this in a bad way at all, but you’re probably likely to get more hits advertising your gig as a “child” voice, as opposed to “youthful”. Most people looking for youthful voices mean young adult, which is what they need for their commercials, where a more childlike voice will be too young for their product. Voices in the “child” category are still very popular for cartoons, games and such though! But I think you’ve slightly mischaracterized your unique sound by calling it “youthful”, because it is VERY very young sounding! So the people who are looking for your type of voice specifically might not find it, and the ones who are looking for “young adult” voices may not think yours hits the mark.

@joyh97 I totally agree with you.

Your new gig looks great!! One reeeeaaally small thing - I’d be careful about advertising ASMR as something you offer, because basically ASMR got pretty much blacklisted from the website a few months (maybe a couple of years?) ago. Anyone with “ASMR” in their gig basically got removed from the search results, which is why if you search “ASMR” in the search bar no gigs will show up. It might not be a problem at all, but if it’s flagged your gig might end up being hidden!

Fantastic improvement! Aside from the above mentioned, there’s one other thing that might cause problems that I can see: Don’t use the Fiverr logo in your gig video/images. I know many do, but it’s a risk that I don’t think you should take.

Highlighted relevant parts: Summary: using the Fiverr logo can cause confusion to buyers who might think you’re staff.

Fantastic improvement! Aside from the above mentioned, there’s one other thing that might cause problems that I can see: Don’t use the Fiverr logo in your gig video/images. I know many do, but it’s a risk that I don’t think you should take.

Highlighted relevant parts: Summary: using the Fiverr logo can cause confusion to buyers who might think you’re staff.

Thank you! I’ll remove.

Your new gig looks great!! One reeeeaaally small thing - I’d be careful about advertising ASMR as something you offer, because basically ASMR got pretty much blacklisted from the website a few months (maybe a couple of years?) ago. Anyone with “ASMR” in their gig basically got removed from the search results, which is why if you search “ASMR” in the search bar no gigs will show up. It might not be a problem at all, but if it’s flagged your gig might end up being hidden!

That’s so crazy. Thanks for the info.

Archived