Fiverr Community Forum

Any geeks/nerds around? o.o;

oldbittygrandma said: I remember being in college and the we had these keypunch cards...for class we had to write programs, and the programs were made up of stacks and stacks of keypunched cards... pretty amazing how far we've come.

I heard about those cards in one of my classes, but never seen any used. It really is amazing.

What bigbadbilly said. I may have grown out of child status, but my inner geeky child is still well alive and kicking and hurling arguments over the Zelda timelines, watching subbed anime, and critiquing video games.

Kenshin is sold as samurai X in the USA too :o

Reply to @magisworks: I take it you’re Pinoy, because we must be some of the only people on earth who refer to Rurouni Kenshin as Samurai X and HOLY CRAP ANOTHER FAN OF GRANDER MUSASHI YESSSSSS. o/

Yeah … as you can see my user name “designerd” i am a designer as well as nerd. :)>-

Not nearly as active in geekiness as I was in my teens (mostly since I can’t afford it anymore, haha, no wonder I’m here :P) but still a geek at heart. :smiley: I just saw the Rurouni Kenshin during its premiere night here. <3 Nostalgia bliss.

Sure. Lots.

Some of us are old school nerds though, so we’ve changed from Nerds to Nerdults. Which basically means we’re just nerds that hide it better. :slight_smile:

Maybe :wink:

I’m @TheFacebookGeek … the name speaks for itself :-B

I used to watch anime like GTO, Dragonball, Samurai X, Ranma 1/2, Grander Musashi and lots others. I’m not really into games but my favorites would be Civilization, Warcraft and SimCity.

I think everyone is a geek at heart because there will always be something that we are passionate about, something that makes us “geek-out” when it comes up in conversations.

I was a manga fan in the past, i loved GTO and Love hina!!

Actually, i love playing at Final fantasy and Tales of symphonia!

I’m also a graphic designer!

Im not a kenshin fan, but i’ve seen the DVDs for sale, since i always venture over to that section, lol

oldbittygrandma said: ...or wait...how about this... I was on the internet in the mid 1980's...does that rank??

oh I thot the web only start spinning in 1993?

yeah I guess so…

I started to use the net only in 1994… mostly on IRC :D/

I terribly miss acrophobia and multiplayer battletech… also been wanting to finish that game of Myst and Riven I started with my mom back in the 90’s (mama mia) @caiterz does that count? :wink:

p.s. I want lasik cuz i’m sick of buying contacts & glasses… #proudGeek

oldbittygrandma said: I remember being in college and the we had these keypunch cards...for class we had to write programs, and the programs were made up of stacks and stacks of keypunched cards... pretty amazing how far we've come.

I heard about those cards in one of my classes, but never seen any used. It really is amazing.

What bigbadbilly said. I may have grown out of child status, but my inner geeky child is still well alive and kicking and hurling arguments over the Zelda timelines, watching subbed anime, and critiquing video games.

Kenshin is sold as samurai X in the USA too :o

Reply to @magisworks: I take it you’re Pinoy, because we must be some of the only people on earth who refer to Rurouni Kenshin as Samurai X and HOLY CRAP ANOTHER FAN OF GRANDER MUSASHI YESSSSSS. o/

Yeah … as you can see my user name “designerd” i am a designer as well as nerd. :)>-