Any other Paypal Business Account Users out there?

Hey guys,

I have a paypal business account that I initially hooked my Fiverr up to. Fiverr (and other freelance sites) send the payment out to the email you provide. I’ve been having troubles ‘claiming’ the payment that comes in, and my sneaky suspicion is that it has to do with having a Paypal business account and not a personal account. Has anyone been in this situation?

Hmm, thanks Ryan. I’ve basically received an email saying:

fiverr.com sent you money!

$AMOUNT

Get your money in just a few easy steps. Click the button below to get started.

[button Reads] Claim Your Money

Weird because I have paypal balances set up for three different currencies! Must be a paypal issue I’ll have to chase.

All sorted now! As I suspected, it was more to do with Paypal settings - it’s a technical fault to do with using @googlemail.com vs. @gmail.com as the account. Once I added the @googlemail version of my email address, it was all automated (as it should have been in the first place.)

They first tried to convince me it was fraud and to report fiverr, but since I was having the exact same problem with an entirely different, independent freelancing site, I kept explaining the likelihood of that was incredibly low, and I didn’t want to just go about reporting these companies. Switched from me being shy and demure to being assertive, spoke to a supervisor, had it sorted within 10 minuets.

So, for those of you with @gmail, make sure that paypal is set up to also associate the @googlemail version of the email, and you should dodge the same issues!

Thanks everyone.

Guest hireiris

I have a paypal business account and have not had that particular issue. I called into their support line the other day in regards to something else and they are really really helpful and easy to reach. Here is their number hopefully they can help! 1 (888) 221-1161

Archived