Fiverr Community Forum

Any story behind your profile picture?

Your avatar is absolutely terrifying (that’s a good thing) it definitely drew my attention! :fearful: :scream:

4 Likes

Thank you. I hope my work will attract buyers)

2 Likes

My profile picture captured by my friend smartphone. I changed the background colour to the black.

5 Likes

Your photo look very good sir.this photo nice

4 Likes

:laughing: , That’s true. …:slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is interesting. Why you update your profile picture/branding every year? I mean isn’t better for clients to see a steady branding/picture?

1 Like

There are several reasons behind this.

A) As a creative person, upgrading my visual image is almost as important as demonstrating my upgraded skills

B) I refresh my profile image and branding every year as each year I slightly refine my target audience and the type of projects I need to attract. So I update all touch points to match my target and attract the audience/projects I need.

C) I change my look every now and then (hair styling, length of beard, body weight) so I want my profile pic to reflect who I truly am.

As for consistency, I think as long as I don’t jump from pic to logo to illustrations, it’s still consistent.

EDIT: Just to expand upon “C” as I fear it is not clear enough. The reason why I need my profile pic to show “who I truly am” is because I have video chats with almost all my PRO gig clients. So the way I dress, present myself on my profile needs to be fairly close to what I really look like, so when they see me on our consultation calls my image is still “on brand”. It may appear as a small detail, but it is very important from my POV.

12 Likes

Mine was taken at my wedding. I didn’t plan on using any wedding photos for my business, but it was such a fun shot that it became my profile photo.

7 Likes

Mine was 4 years ago, in my senior year at the Audiovisual Production school, I am holding a microphone (cropped out) as I was the boom operator at a school project, looking at my future-wife lol.

I didn’t change my look too much, my mom made me cut my long hair (much longer than it seems in the picture).

4 Likes

Great photo and gorgeous manicure)

1 Like