Any tips for promoting your gig without social media?

junzibeats

Hey all,

I’m new to Fiverr, looking to get started making sales and, more importantly, connections in music. I just posted my first gig and I’m running into a familiar problem, I don’t use any social media to promote myself. Aside from creating any accounts, what might be some other ways to get the word out about my gig?

Any replies would be much apprecaited!

You’re open a shop in market where everyone sells the same product, Other shopkeepers have some regular buyer and them also famous for their selling experience for years.

Now You have to prove that you can deliver the best quality service at the lowest price.

Never give up.

It makes sense to do both active and passive marketing.

Do you have opportunity to talk with your customers?

could you explain a little more about active and passive marketing? or direct me somewhere i might learn more about that?

i would absolutely love the opportunity to talk with customers and grow a relationship that way. that’s actually more towards my goal than try to hit it rich on this website.

thanks for your reply!

You’re open a shop in market where everyone sells the same product, Other shopkeepers have some regular buyer and them also famous for their selling experience for years.

Now You have to prove that you can deliver the best quality service at the lowest price.

Never give up.

I definitely agree. music especially is a very saturated market. i know i’m not making things easy on myself by cutting off that form of promotion.

i appreciate your input, thank you!

Hello. Welcome to the forum.

I would simply recommend using social media to reach your target customers (who is likely to buy your music?).

For me (I do meditation music), the ones that work the best are, in order: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Soundcloud, Bandcamp and many other smaller ones.

On the other hand, I spend 50% of my time making music and 50% marketing on these networks (making posts, listening, liking and commenting on colleagues, sharing my links, etc …). Heavy work but partly automatable.

Otherwise you can always go and put up posters at the supermarket, but it will probably be less effective.

Hello. Welcome to the forum.

I would simply recommend using social media to reach your target customers (who is likely to buy your music?).

For me (I do meditation music), the ones that work the best are, in order: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Soundcloud, Bandcamp and many other smaller ones.

On the other hand, I spend 50% of my time making music and 50% marketing on these networks (making posts, listening, liking and commenting on colleagues, sharing my links, etc …). Heavy work but partly automatable.

Otherwise you can always go and put up posters at the supermarket, but it will probably be less effective.

thank you!

glad to be here.

i like the idea of using LinkedIn, i’ve never tried that. i don’t use facebook, twitter or instagram for personal reasons. i realize that puts me at a disadvantage for things like this, but in terms of my peace of mind and happiness, it is worth it. i currently use soundcloud and bandcamp and love them, but have a hard time reaching new ears.

my goal on fiverr is to build connections that i can grow in the future.

thank you for taking time to reply!

If you’re making music, try YouTube. You’ll have to have an image to go with the music, but (depending on your music genre) sometimes a simple photo can work.

Even if you don’t use it for marketing, it’s a good idea to have alternative options for a portfolio.

thank you for your insight. i was hesitant to show my face when making this gig, probably out of nervousness. but i think updating the video to show myself will also give a face to the name.

i appreciate your wisdom!

At a glance, your account needs a fair bit of work.

Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

So many newbies are being taken advantage of here on Fiverr by a small minority of predatory “buyers”. This is my take on how to protect yourself, thereby reducing the chances of a cancellation or negative review.
Special shout out to @melissaharlowvo for the buyer requirements section. Enjoy!

At a glance, your account needs a fair bit of work.

Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

So many newbies are being taken advantage of here on Fiverr by a small minority of predatory “buyers”. This is my take on how to protect yourself, thereby reducing the chances of a cancellation or negative review.
Special shout out to @melissaharlowvo for the buyer requirements section. Enjoy!

i’m sure it does. i’m quite new to this, and still not quite sure what works best for me. anything specific that stands out to you that could be touched up?

i’ve been checking out the forums before I posted, and didn’t see much on this specific topic. the vast majority of people on here have social media to use as a platform to promote themselves. i’ve been trying to figure ways over this hurdle, but wanted to see if others might have input on it as well. i’m sure i can’t be the only one.

thank you!

i’m sure it does. i’m quite new to this, and still not quite sure what works best for me. anything specific that stands out to you that could be touched up?

i’ve been checking out the forums before I posted, and didn’t see much on this specific topic. the vast majority of people on here have social media to use as a platform to promote themselves. i’ve been trying to figure ways over this hurdle, but wanted to see if others might have input on it as well. i’m sure i can’t be the only one.

thank you!

anything specific that stands out to you that could be touched up?

Get rid of unlimited revisions.

Specific to your situation, please see (DES) 1-4: Basics to Improve Your Gig. A helpful breakdown and guide There are also a bunch of useful links in the (RRD) section. Sadly, most of the Fiverr article links are broken, and I can’t update the post. If you have any questions though, you’re welcome to ask.

anything specific that stands out to you that could be touched up?

Get rid of unlimited revisions.

Specific to your situation, please see (DES) 1-4: Basics to Improve Your Gig. A helpful breakdown and guide There are also a bunch of useful links in the (RRD) section. Sadly, most of the Fiverr article links are broken, and I can’t update the post. If you have any questions though, you’re welcome to ask.

thanks so much! that article looks really helpful.

Archived