Any tips on how to improve my gig? Thank you in advance :)

therealdjtiger

Unlimited revisions are never a good idea. (100% money back/satisfaction guarantee are also very risky.)
Always check your gig thumbnails from your profile. The images have been cropped.Your first and second images are very similar, and the line art is the same image. I would suggest putting the line-work and the color side-by-side. This will partially fix the cropping issue and also let you show other examples.
Your gig description needs a LOT of work. You say you’re still in high school? That’s fantastic, because you can talk to a guidance/career counselor at school and get all kinds of tips on cover letters (and resumes, but it’s the cover letter info that will help you most for the gig).
You can also ask an English teacher about how to best communicate in long-form writing. It’s very different from talking and texting.

You have so many resources available right where you are. I applause entrepreneurship at a young age, since you have the time to make mistakes, learn from them, recover from them more easily, and keep going. After all:
“I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

Unlimited revisions are never a good idea. (100% money back/satisfaction guarantee are also very risky.)

Always check your gig thumbnails from your profile. The images have been cropped.Your first and second images are very similar, and the line art is the same image. I would suggest putting the line-work and the color side-by-side. This will partially fix the cropping issue and also let you show other examples.

Your gig description needs a LOT of work. You say you’re still in high school? That’s fantastic, because you can talk to a guidance/career counselor at school and get all kinds of tips on cover letters (and resumes, but it’s the cover letter info that will help you most for the gig).

You can also ask an English teacher about how to best communicate in long-form writing. It’s very different from talking and texting.

You have so many resources available right where you are. I applause entrepreneurship at a young age, since you have the time to make mistakes, learn from them, recover from them more easily, and keep going. After all:

“I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

Thank you :). I appreciate the feedback. I am still in high school and I want to benefit off of something I love to do

How many revisions would you suggest for my gig?

Depends.
I’m very glad you’re willing to ask questions, but you’re also at a point in life where you will start needing to make your own decisions based on gathered information.
So!
There’re threads that discuss this exact topic, such as this one:

So this is really just out of curiosity. I personally offer one free revision with my order, but if they ask for another, I’ll deliver that too without extra cost but with a note restating the fact that their order comes with 1 free revision, but as a favour I’ve included another for free - and that any further revisions will cost them. I also remind them at this time to make sure they give me the right script the first time around so as to avoid paying for mistakes they’ve made. I know some pe…

I would suggest reading through the posts and decide based on what you find, and what you feel you can manage.
Let me know what you decide, or if you have any more questions! I don’t have all the answers but I can probably point you in the right direction.

Depends.

I’m very glad you’re willing to ask questions, but you’re also at a point in life where you will start needing to make your own decisions based on gathered information.

So!

There’re threads that discuss this exact topic, such as this one:

So this is really just out of curiosity. I personally offer one free revision with my order, but if they ask for another, I’ll deliver that too without extra cost but with a note restating the fact that their order comes with 1 free revision, but as a favour I’ve included another for free - and that any further revisions will cost them. I also remind them at this time to make sure they give me the right script the first time around so as to avoid paying for mistakes they’ve made. I know some pe…

I would suggest reading through the posts and decide based on what you find, and what you feel you can manage.

Let me know what you decide, or if you have any more questions! I don’t have all the answers but I can probably point you in the right direction.

Okay, got it. Thank you 🙂

Archived