Fiverr Community Forum

Any way to make the text black instead of gray?

When I’m typing to clients on my gigs and/or typing customs offers, the text is a very light gray. Is there any way to change this to black? It’s very challenging to read.

7 Likes

@jeolson Hello, if only this were available. I have a hard time with that too and others have mentioned it. I’ve developed major eye strain lately.

1 Like

Sadly no. However, you are not alone:

Hopefully, when Fiverr goes down for maintenance on Sunday, a black message font and reasonable size will rise from the ashes like a glorious eyesight preserving Phoenix. If it doesn’t, you’ll just have to buy Hubble Space Telescope strength reading glasses like the rest of us.

4 Likes

1 Like

There is, actually, a way around it. I’ve been using my own custom styles for a while now, but it does require technical skills.

I have found a extension for Chrome (see here) which might make it easier (I haven’t tested it though) but with a little knowledge of CSS, or hiring someone to write the code it should be possible for anyone to achieve similar results.

I’m on my phone but I might post a picture later of what my custom style looks like in my browser.

Ps: I’m not really looking to sell this as a gig but anyone with a little knowledge of CSS should be able to help anyone attempting this.

2 Likes

This is why Fiverr just needs to fix this. Going to these lengths just to read and send messages is just ridiculous. Well done, though, on finding a solution. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s not just on messages and custom offers that the typeface is pale grey, it’s on the order pages too.

1 Like

Wow it’s cool…

It sounds a bit like this solution (but obviously any code would be different):

I assume a similar thing could be done for the font size, not just font colour.
Though I agree it should be Fiverr fixing any issues like that or giving the user different options.

1 Like

I also use it for my Fiverr Inbox :wink:

CSS CODE

p.message-body {
color: #000;
}
.message-box .message-uploader-container {
border: 1px solid #000;
}
.message-box .textarea-container textarea {
color: #000;}

#conversation .message-flow .message-content .message-body {
font-weight: 500;

}

2 Likes

I understand a little bit about CSS code on a website.
It goes in the header section or up near it to tell the page how it should look.

Where would we install this code? I use chrome.

edit: I’m looking at “advanced font settings” in the chrome webstore. Maybe I can find something there. I have enlarged the font in the settings tab which helps a little.

I found an adjustment that makes the font larger but nothing to make grey fonts black.

I used a third-party program/chrome extension. (use at your own risk.)

1 Like

I found an extension that darkened all the colors so that now the green on fiverr is very deep but the light grey is still there.

Those extention don’t work well, a good option is to adjust CSS codes.

How do I do that? Can I do that in Chrome?

Yu will need to add that chrome extention named Styler Pro
Then add CSS code,

To change the font color on the message box is

p.message-body {
    color: #000;
}

.message-box .textarea-container textarea {

color: #000;}

again, it’s a 3rd party program, use at your own risk.

2 Likes

That looks easy enough. I’m going to try it later. Thanks.

I assume the “p.message-body” is already part of that extension’s code? So we know where it goes when we see that? So we are just changing the part that says “color” to #000?

This is part of Fiverr web, we assigning a new value to p.message-body selector.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the code for this! I may try it.

1 Like

Here’s what I’ve been using for a while now. I don’t think Fiverr would be too happy of me butchering their design and branding, but the bigger font size and dark background just suits my eyes much better.

It’s been a while but I’ll see if I can find my custom code for this and share here as is

2 Likes