Fiverr Community Forum

Anyone else seeing a rise in rude sellers?

I’ve been a seller on fiverr for a while now and I make customer service my #1 priority. I’m also a regular buyer, and out of the last 4 gigs I have purchased from different sellers, 3 of the sellers were completely rude to me! I submitted the info as requested, waited excitedly for the delivery, but the deliveries were either late and/or not what I ordered. So when I emailed them with a question or concern about my order (always polite), I either got a lecture, talked down to, or down-right told off! Is this happening to anyone else?? I know its only $5 to them, but I work hard for my money too and always deliver high quality services. I’m really just not sure what to do here, because as a seller, I know how hard negative feedback can affect a seller, but at the same time I definitely do not want to leave anything positive for these jerks. I’m torn. :-/ Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Some it appears look for reasons not to give a bad rating. Others leave the impression they expect to be disappointed and their fingers are hovering over the thumbs down button, even before the sale is complete.

In other words, if you go into a sale convinced that the seller will let you down, they will always let you down it is a self fulfilling prophecy. Do not go into a shoe store expecting to find hats for sale.

Just my two cents adjusted for inflation

I am mostly somewhat disappointed on occasion when buying gigs within Fiverr, the last 4 gigs I bought have either been late, rude or just never delivered. But I think that as a seller myself expect a high level of service I give to my buyers. But on the flip side, I have bought gigs from sellers who are incredible, on time full of info and go the extra mile for the buyer.

2 Likes

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Delivery time is the same across all time zones 1 in the UK still equals 1 hour in Australia.

I haven’t bought any gig(s) recently but I bought a few a month ago.

All my sellers were amazing.

I think you just came across the limited few.

Although I cannot take rude comments against me, if I were you, I’d leave them a negative feedback if they were being rude to me (or possibly just cancel the order)

EDIT: Not a negative feedback. I think my bad mood made me type that.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Can’t excuse lateness or non-delivery, I wouldn’t put that down to cultural differences

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: You’re entitled to your opinion.

I only had one bad experience with a seller who insisted we mutually cancel because my request (a t-shirt design for my husband’s Irish-themed band) was ‘anti-Christian’ and evil and the Devil’s music (one of the songs was about drinking, hello Irish band, which isn’t outlawed by Christianity, but whatever.)

I was pretty mad, as he personally insulted and judged my family without even knowing us, (we are church-going Catholics), but I canceled without leaving negative feedback, I thought it would ‘the Christian thing to do’, lol.

I’ve had other sellers give me less than stellar work, but I just don’t leave any feedback for those ( can’t say anything nice, I don’t say anything at all). Someone would really have to send me a box of litter box poo to get me to leave negative feedback, I guess. :smiley:

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Never given one yet, never said I did?!

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Not really I’m still pretty confused since the beginning.

It’s a shame people act like that! :frowning:

1 Like

I have had a few buyers like that and it’s sad…if you get them try and resolve it…offer them another gig…or a refund/cancellation if they remove the feedback

1 Like

I know this is an old post, but I am your biggest fan after reading these posts hahaha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup. I’ve pretty much had it with fiverr now. You start a conversation with a seller, even send him/her samples of the work that you want done and then he/she just stops responding mid-way. No reason given, no apologies offered for wasting your time. Nothing. This has happened too many times and I have now made the decision to source for freelance services elsewhere.

Older Thread - Closed to New Comments. Feel free to open a new thread.