Anyone Experiencing decline in orders?

I have almost hit 50 orders on one of my gigs, and was getting around 4 orders per day which was keeping me pritty busy for the most part. now its really slowed down. I update my gig weekly and create new videos.

not sure if i’m the only one experiencing this. im also 3 from the top on the search results.

I guess I’ll chime in here.

In the 2.5+ years on Fiverr I’ve had my ups and downs.

But, the last 5 weeks have been the worst ever. If it wasn’t for my repeat clients I would have almost nothing. ( I’m so grateful to them ).

Nothings changed that I can see on Fiverr itself. This just appears to be a really slow time for no reason other than it’s slow.

But ya. Decline for sure.

But, the last 5 weeks have been the worst ever. If it wasn’t for my repeat clients I would have almost nothing. ( I’m so grateful to them ).

Nothings changed that I can see on Fiverr itself. This just appears to be a really slow time for no reason other than it’s slow.

Glad I read this forum with many having fewer orders right now in April as well. I am a Level II and things have been pretty steady overall since Jan. 2014 when I joined here. See no reason for the slow down and so now know I am not the only one experiencing this.

Any suggestions for sellers like myself (and the others here) with this current slow down or?

Appreciate comments here. (Thank you).

Once again I’m on an upswing. I still don’t get many orders, but so far more in April than in the first three months of the year combined. It makes no sense, but I’m not going to complain.

From the forum posts I’ve seen over the past couple years, I would guess that sales drop-offs happen to everyone sometimes, and there’s usually no rhyme or reason for it. Can’t say I’ve ever seen it happen to everyone at the same time, either.

This is the exact topic I am here looking around for as I normally get 60+ sales a month and in the past 2 weeks I have only got 5. Anyone have any ideas? My response time has gone down, still have a 100% rating with over 500 gigs.

Seems to have dropped when they started playing around with the color schemes and now they are offering this 20% sale. Wonder if their Google ppc ads have slowed?

It is safe to say that I have not noticed a decline nor incline in the year that I’ve been here. Totally random. Maybe one or two orders in one week and then nothing for a month or so.

Everyone here has ups & downs to some extent - even when the ‘process’ is set-up to function correctly, the coding and server issues can make a real mess of things anyway.

It is what it is.

My orders go up and down. Some days I can be wondering how I am going to deliver everything in time and then other days I forget about Fiverr and concentrate on other work because of lack of orders. I don’t work Fiverr full time, I use it to keep me afloat when payments are delayed from other sources. It works out fine for me. It seems my busiest times here are when I am booked from my other sources. When it rains it really pours in the writing world.

@chaduk @macaylalee Thank your for posting this. I have actually been wondering this for the past month now. I have been on Fiverr for 2+ years. My sales were at an incline, but it seems they are declining. It’s April 8th, and I’ve only had a couple orders so far for the month, it’s been pretty quiet. Before they were coming in at almost a daily basis a couple at a time. I have gone over my sales history and this is what I found. At the end of April, I will be able to see if this continues I guess…

October 2013: 21 orders

November 2013: 23 orders

December 2013: 25 orders

January 2014: 29 orders

February 2014: 19 orders

March 2014: 16 orders

April 8th 2014: Only 3 so far

I just don’t understand why it seems to be dying down, nothing changed on my end. I have 100% sales etc. It seems like Fiverr changed something around that’s affecting sales. It’s only April 8th, but I’ve had just 3 sales so far in a week. I do have to say that Fiverr really has changed quite a few things around especially since the new interface. Even if you have multiple gigs, a good majority of gigs don’t even show up in the search now. Think about this, Fiverr makes the most money by having more and more and more people who sell on Fiverr. They probably don’t care about your single gig which had 60+ sales per month, but rather would want to spread out sales to everyone. I’ve been really thinking that something is rigged here lately…

brunettegrenade said: Think about this, Fiverr makes the most money by having more and more and more people who sell on Fiverr. They probably don't care about your single gig which had 60+ sales per month, but rather would want to spread out sales to everyone. I've been really thinking that something is rigged here lately..

I agree completely.

itsyourthing said:
brunettegrenade said: Think about this, Fiverr makes the most money by having more and more and more people who sell on Fiverr. They probably don't care about your single gig which had 60+ sales per month, but rather would want to spread out sales to everyone. I've been really thinking that something is rigged here lately..

I agree completely.

I'm not so sure about that. IMO, their cost per transaction + buyer/seller support might be considerably less if fewer sellers are each selling more.

@ricksper That’s not completely what I’m getting at. I’m saying more sellers are selling at the same level instead of more or less than one another. It’s not a fair shot anymore regardless. If more and more and more people join, they just make more money if everyone gets a chance to sell. Not only that, if the rate of Sellers increases exponentially more than Buyers, it also waters down sales a great deal. Why do you think that not all gigs are guaranteed to show up in search results anymore, and also a ton of the same gigs have been featured for months on end and years even? This completely makes sense in my head and it’s a theory :slight_smile: None the less, I feel like something is a little off here lately that’s contributing to a decline in orders. Maybe @macaylalee is right about their Google ppc ads? Anyone else have any other ideas?

There’s also more threads popping up with people having the same issue. So what the heck? We really need to figure out what’s going on?

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/29729/sales-are-dropped#Item_2

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/29710/fiver-orders-have-slowed#Item_3

ricksper said: I'm not so sure about that. IMO, their cost per transaction + buyer/seller support might be considerably less if fewer sellers are each selling more.

Consideration also has to be given to how much return on investment (so to speak) in their being able to say "80 bazillion sellers" to potential buyers, or "120 gazillion transactions per day" to potential sellers. Individual humans have limitations - there is no way 100 sellers could produce what 100,000 can.

Eh, regardless, I think we can all believe that Fiverr is going to do what's most effective for their earnings before they consider any particular seller.

@itsyourthing Agreed

Hey guys,

I find this really interesting, I am a new seller here on fiverr and I am finding it hard to get my first gig…will be interesting to see what happens. I look forward to following people on the forum though.

I have spent so much money on fiverr it is not funny. Originally I went through every gig to see what was out there. It took me weeks. Then after undergoing an online course, I was taught that the review were the most important and to look for only 5 star gigs with 100% feeback.

Im just wondering it this is what people do, how on earth do you get those first couple of gigs going??