Fiverr Community Forum

Anyone experiencing this?

Now some sellers send you custom offers without your notice and their accounts gets suspended,banned or deleted for spamming or whatever reasons…
But…
when you go to your dashboard, in the “To-dos” section and try to reject the offer, you get this message “For privacy reasons, this user may not be contacted directly”

And the offer requests just stay there on your dashboard as "To-dos"
It is quite annoying to see the offers you don’t want and when you want to remove them… You can’t…

I think this should be taken into consideration by the fiverr team… As for most people, we like to have a clean dashboard if we know we have no valid orders or notifications… Thanks

I click on the little trash icon and they go away.

Thanks for the reply Miss Crystal, but I can’t seem to find the trash icon…

I’m having this problem too, I have 2 gigs on my todo, no trash can icon and when I click review I get:

For privacy reasons, this user may not be contacted directly.

I know what the trash icon looks like because I just closed a different message yesterday. Is this a bug?

I think it is…
because when I accessed custom offers via inbox section… in search of trash icon…

I clear all custom offers including the ones I sent to clients but nothing happened still… checked on dashboard and the problem is there…

UPDATES
The problem was solved, with the new fiverr update of their system and interface.