Anyone had luck in buying effective Twitter promotion gigs?

willpower_hk

About a month ago, I’ve devised my own “Guide for avoiding being scammed in Twitter promotion gig on Fiverr” in order to discover the reliable sellers in Twitter promotion. But till now, it seems I haven’t yet found a legit, reliable seller providing a genuine Twitter promotion gig.

Anyone had luck in finding a reliable seller that offers Twitter promotion gig with tweet engagement, as well as uses a Twitter account with mostly real Twitter followers with proofs?

When I was fairly new to Twitter and knew nothing about it I bought a gig here for a low number of followers for a jump start. It claimed to provide real followers with no drops. I knew when I saw the results they were fakes. It didn’t seem to hurt me or help me at first. A couple of months later I woke up to find my Twitter suspended. I reported it to Fiverr CS and they said it was too late to get a refund but they promised to have Trust & Safety team check the gig out. The seller is still actively selling Twitter, YouTube and Facebook gigs todays. Moral for me - all of those type gigs are dangerous.

-Twitter considered my appeal of stupidity and restored my account with removal of fakes. Now I’m doing fine getting organic followers the old fashioned way.

@fonthaunt, that’s really a horrible experience… It sounds even more terrible to hear that your Twitter account was suspended after several months.

While Fiverr seems to be turning a blind eye to these “dangerous” online social marketing gigs, I found it more and more difficult to sort out the legit ones. Seeing so many positive reviews in some high-rated gigs of level 2 sellers and TRS, I’m so confused. Are the buyers leaving positive reviews ignorant, or are the really small amount of negative reviews created by competitors? If they’re “dangerous” as you said, I bet there shouldn’t be only you complaining to Fiverr CS. And why isn’t the team taking down these gigs? Ultimately it’s all about profits…

It seems to me that there’s no hope finding a legit gig in the online marketing category with tons of them saying “Real, Genuine, Legit, Authentic, True…” in their titles. Isn’t that ironic?

Reply to @willpower_hk: I picked someone with good reviews but they are worthless. Since it takes months to see the damage you can’t change your review. Fiverr removed my positive review but wouldn’t allow me to add a modified one. As a seller, I understand about the time issue.

After a lot of thought, I don’t see how a gig like that could be legit or safe. If the seller doesn’t use a bot they need a team of real Twitter users to follow others. How could you make money if you had to split $5 with a group. What buyer is going to pay for just a few follows, too?

@fonthaunt, I really agree with your logical explanation. After seeing what you explained, I think I shall steer away from similar kinds of gigs in the future.

Actually I’ve had some other poor experience with SEO and Facebook marketing gigs besides Twitter. Similar to you, I’ve tried comparing sellers and picked the “seemingly” best one - with clients leaving long, satisfactory, appreciative reviews; with fewer negative reviews; with the seller responding suitably and reasonably to the negative reviews…

After my painstaking efforts to choose a seller I liked, what I gained is simply useless to (after observing for several months), if not hurting my off-Fiverr promotion including my personal website.

The long period of time to test the outcome after purchasing such gigs is really a problem.

@willpower_hk I totally agree. The one I bought from didn’t have any negatives, probably because anyone who had a problem had it too late to do anything. I would be not many even complained to Fiverr since they knew it was Buyer Beware. I was embarrassed at having been pulled into it. I think Fiverr only removes them if the complaint is directly from the 3rd party company. Some of those gigs make a lot of money that Fiverr isn’t in a hurry to lose. Good luck with your project; it sounds useful.

As someone whose primary gigs are twitter promotion, I try to be explicit about what I do and don’t do:

-All of my tweets come from an account which I also use for promotion. It NEEDS to be real, because my other business depends on it.

-I am REALLY specific in telling people what kind of audience I have (geeks, nerds, Rennies, scifi people, Steampunks) - because I don’t want gigs that would not fit in well with what I do. That would be bad for me, and bad for the buyer.

-I never, EVER promise I’ll bring in Twitter followers. If my gig does well, it will hopefully bring in some followers. But what I do is make tweets, and if people like those tweets, they might like someone’s account. I would never say “You’ll get 500 new followers”. With a gig like mine, you might get, oh, say FIVE new followers. But they’d all be real.

What I promise is a good, serious attempt at visibility. That’s sometimes really successful, sometimes not. But it’s always based on reality. If my tweet fails, then you have an excellent idea of “Okay, this specific thing does NOT work. I will try a different approach”.

-You can look at a twitter account to see, to some extent, how real it is. If they have thousands of followers and few retweets or favorites - then they’re probably not real.

-It’s definitely hard, real work to strategize a good tweet, but at the same time, it’s 140 characters. If someone has something that is a good fit for what I do, I will sometimes offer to tweet it for free. If someone likes the free tweet and it works for them, then they’ll buy from me in the future. If they don’t like the tweet or it doesn’t work well, then they’ve lost nothing. It’s a win-win…it helps me create a client base of people who come back because we know that we can both be helpful to each other.

Reply to @wickedjeffmach: the way you explain your service/ gig, makes sense and sounds realistic. But i have seen countless other sellers claiming to bring at least 500 new followers or likes in their gigs, and just like some posters mentioned above.

Posting a message a few times for more than 500 followers so see, is a gig i could be interested in because it sounds do-able and reasonable.

Thank you for posting this explanation of your gig. i’m sure it will help many others who would be interested in it. :>

good luck!

reply to @wickedjeffmach: yes, but you are indeed selling promotions as evident in the titles of your gigs. That is a much more legit thing to do and it’s very clear from the getgo. You are selling advertising space in a sense and anyone with a business needing to advertise needs to ensure wherever they place an ad or a post or a tween, that it’s the right market of people. But also not all ads/tweets are effective to begin with. I think too many small biz owners are just taking shots in the dark with regards to marketing in general.

@peppermint_wish - Thank you! You are really kind. And yes - one good thing about Twitter is that it’s relatively simple marketing and advertising. It takes strategy, but it’s also fairly forgiving - if you try one post and it doesn’t go well, you can usually try another. It makes it easier for me to help people when the first shot doesn’t work.

@sincere18 - Hmm. I think that it’s hard NOT to take shots in the dark with regards to marketing. Not everyone has time to learn it, and you don’t always learn it in the process of being a small biz owner - you might learn sales, but it’s not the same thing. It’s hard to be in a position of having a clear strategy and knowing that you have that strategy for reasons based on the data around you, then figuring out how to make that strategy into a clear message, then getting the message out there, then looking at data to see what effect it’s had. It’s quite tough, I think.

Reply to @wickedjeffmach: Ah, I think I didn’t write what I meant clearly, I agree with you, it IS easy to take shots in the dark. But what I meant is that many small business owners just starting out tend to believe in the whole ‘if you build it they will come’ kind of premise. So they go buy some of these gigs promising twitter followers or facebook fans, but that in and of itself may not actually do anything concrete to help their business, ie, making more sales or getting more clients, that kind of thing which is what many are usually hoping for.

And I think in general for many small biz owners it is a process of trial and error…they try some kind of promotion…is it the ad itself? The medium? Is it not really the right target market of readers? Is their website not doing a good enough job at conversions, etc., etc…all analysis type of aspects that most small biz owners may not know how to do or even know they should do it. You are right not everyone has time to learn, but then that is why some people just go around buying likes and followers, and people sell them those things giving them false promises.

@wickedjeffmach, I’ve just checked my own guide for avoiding being scammed in Twitter promotion gig, and it seems you’re really one of the honest sellers who provides legit Twitter promotion. I’ve found your Twitter account, and checked that it has high follower audit score and extremely high proportion of active followers.

I liked wickedjeffmachs offer, and sadly forgot about it when I had money on my paypall to order a gig :S meh… would fit me perfectly due to the geeky nature of my website. I ordered the past 2 days 3 social media gigs, 2 turned out to be fraud, the third one seems to be trustworthy. I got not space on my website for this… or rather I will add it in the footer for others, a list of trustworthy fiverr suppliers as a little “thank you” for all those who actually did what they promised.

@elvismalkic, I’m so glad that you finally find some honest sellers. Indeed there are so many fraudulent social marketing gigs out there, burying the honest ones. If you are planning to find some more diverse Twitter promotion from different sellers, just google Guide for avoiding being scammed in Twitter promotion gig and I’m sure you won’t be scammed next time.

its ok, I reacted on time and got my money refunded. But for someone unexperienced it is pretty easy to bite the hook on such frauds. One of the guys has shown me a ■■■■■■ analytics screenshot, which actually really exists: http://■■■■■■/#analytics/■■■■■■/uEc30C/all_time

As you can see it states 1.5k Unique klicks on my website from twitter and from facebook. (I have no clue what type of bots simulated this) but If you check the browser and operating system is is always windows and Chrome, which is not plausible or possible.

Like said in a different thread - check your analytics while being in such a gig before it fires back at you.

I didnt receive the buzz I was hoping for, but the mention made by WickedJeffmach is an homage for my effort shown to my targeted audience. So I am pretty happy 😃

Archived