Anyone Knows the founders of FIVERR? [ANSWERED]

thecreativeguys

So we love knowing who actually came up with the brilliant website and idea called ‘FIVERR’ but I doubt that 95% of fiverr users know the FOUNDERS of Fiverr.com!

Well here it is:

The site was founded by Micha Kaufman and Shai Wininger in 2009 with the aim of providing a platform for people to buy and sell a variety of small services typically offered by freelance contractors, such as writing, graphic design, and programming.

Fiverr operates in more than 200 countries and brings in revenue by taking a 20% commission from each sale that is made through their platform.

In January 2012, Fiverr launched Levels, a reputation-based promotion system. After sellers complete at least 10 transactions, they unlock advanced tools to offer add-on services and increase the value.

Now, close to 50% of the services offered on Fiverr sell for more than $5. Fiverr’s intention is to bring a marketplace where people can create a business out of their hobbies. The website was launched in February 2010 and by 2012 was hosting over 1.3 million gigs. The website transaction volume has grown 600% since 2011. Additionally, Fiverr.com has been ranked among the top 200 most popular sites in the U.S. and top 200 in the world since the beginning of 2013. On May 3, 2012, Fiverr secured US$15 million in funding from Accel Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners, bringing the company’s total funding to US$20 million.

http://s23.postimg.org/8nte1d4nf/FFounder.jpg

Source by and researched by Joe.

fiverr.com/thecreativeguys

Guest celticmoon

I looked into Fiverr’s history & background before I started buying or selling. Don’t most people? If not, then maybe they should, what with so many hackers & phishing tactics out there.

Actually, now that I think about it, most people probably DON’T. All the years I worked as a nurse, I found people rarely sought out a physician’s or hospital’s clinical reputation & history of disciplinary actions before going to them. They usually just asked their (non-medical) friends~

Archived